Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Johnny Long Tweet

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    It's also what leaders do. PC or no, his actions were the catalyst for last night's BS. No one knows that more than him right now. It's a good message.
    I agree 100%. Lemonis said he was hurting but more so becaue his actions got the other guys ejected and cost us a shot at a win. He knows better than anyone he screwed up and he owned it. Love the guy!

vCash
    Saturday nights loss may be a catalyst to a revival of our program or it might not. The fact is, the suspensions during last nights game should not have happened to anyone but Long. No way we will ever know, but we do know it "could have been a different outcome" if Birmingham has ruled correctly. They did not, and now State has a loss they probably should not have by an OFF THE FIELD Decision. It should be ruled a Tie game wiping out the 8th and 9th innings as if they never happened and reverting to the 2-2 score at the end of 7. Nobody has the sacks to make that happen. Guys were ejected for our at bat in the bottom of the 8th thst should not have been ejected.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Saturday nights loss may be a catalyst to a revival of our program or it might not. The fact is, the suspensions during last nights game should not have happened to anyone but Long. No way we will ever know, but we do know it "could have been a different outcome" if Birmingham has ruled correctly. They did not, and now State has a loss they probably should not have by an OFF THE FIELD Decision. It should be ruled a Tie game wiping out the 8th and 9th innings as if they never happened and reverting to the 2-2 score at the end of 7. Nobody has the sacks to make that happen. Guys were ejected for our at bat in the bottom of the 8th thst should not have been ejected.
    Also the guy who hit the winning homerun was one of the UGA guys that actually should have been ejected. He ran out to home plate. Might have been the guy that Hines told to calm down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Also the guy who hit the winning homerun was one of the UGA guys that actually should have been ejected. He ran out to home plate. Might have been the guy that Hines told to calm down.
    This! How tf was he not one of the GA guys tossed?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    This! How tf was he not one of the GA guys tossed?
    Someone on Selmon's Twitter post responded with the pic of the guy and he didn't have a hoodie on so they could obviously see his jersey number and name.

My wife and I talking about it, pretty sure the SEC wanted to punish us but couldn't give them the run since the play was clean. Everything that happened was basically between innings. So how could they punish us? Of course throwing out almost our entire team and not any of UGA would pretty much do it.

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    What he did was for the greater good.

Well done Johnny!

vCash
    Johnny Long is like an enforcer in jockey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    Johnny Long is like an enforcer in jockey.
    Yep!

vCash
    It should be his nickname

?The enforcer?

You?re welcome America

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    It should be his nickname

?The enforcer?

You?re welcome America
    I like it. We need shirts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Someone on Selmon's Twitter post responded with the pic of the guy and he didn't have a hoodie on so they could obviously see his jersey number and name.

My wife and I talking about it, pretty sure the SEC wanted to punish us but couldn't give them the run since the play was clean. Everything that happened was basically between innings. So how could they punish us? Of course throwing out almost our entire team and not any of UGA would pretty much do it.
    I kind of wonder if the replay guy was friends with Morris Hodges.

At any rate this is the second embarrassing moment for SEC officiating involving our baseball team in three weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I kind of wonder if the replay guy was friends with Morris Hodges.

At any rate this is the second embarrassing moment for SEC officiating involving our baseball team in three weeks.
    No excuse for what happened last night. Someone should've lost their job for that.

vCash
    Johnny is forgiven but don't do it again.

The Nelle Cohen and the SEC grannies will kill us. The Grannies are triggered by masculinity.

Johnny needs a shock collar with Lemons holding the dead-man switch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    No excuse for what happened last night. Someone should've lost their job for that.
    It's insane that the conclusion that they came up with was to eject most of our starting lineup. And the hoodie thing was a stupid excuse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Johnny is forgiven but don't do it again.

The Nelle Cohen and the SEC grannies will kill us. The Grannies are triggered by masculinity.

Johnny needs a shock collar with Lemons holding the dead-man switch.
    I think social media actually saved us.

In the past the SEC probably just laughs at us and tells us when they want our letter or apology.

Both times this year you have had multiple national personalities calling out the league on our behalf.

Well except for Georgia fans and some old school baseball guys who apparently have forgotten about Carlton Fisk and Thurman Thomas fighting each other from time to time. It doesn't get more old school than that!

Banned
    vCash

In the past the SEC probably just laughs at us and tells us when they want our letter or apology.

Both times this year you have had multiple national personalities calling out the league on our behalf.

Well except for Georgia fans and some old school baseball guys who apparently have forgotten about Carlton Fisk and Thurman Thomas fighting each other from time to time. It doesn't get more old school than that!
    That and also another big difference is that we have an AD who is listened to when he speaks. He’s well respected and has that confidence about him that intimidates a lot of people. I think we are lucky to have Zac Selmon as our AD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    That and also another big difference is that we have an AD who is listened to when he speaks. He’s well respected and has that confidence about him that intimidates a lot of people. I think we are lucky to have Zac Selmon as our AD
    Yeah. Larry Templeton would have suspended the team the next four SEC series to show the league that we're really sorry and to save money by the team not having to go to a regional.

In the meantime Bracky Brett would have put the team on probation for three years.

vCash

Was Fisk playing for the Sox or Pats? Cause playing for the Pats is the only way he'd have a dust up with Thurman Thomas LOL.

Yes, Thurman Munson and Fisk did get into it. We don't even have to go that far back - remember Brian McCann's body of work in Atlanta.

I do know one thing - someone super loud needs to holler "Knock'em Out John!!!!" when Long comes to the plate now. He's earned it.

vCash
    The incompetence of a billion dollar organization is truly baffling. But what happened Saturday night happens almost every Saturday in the fall on the grass or on the hardwood. The SEC officiating is an absolute joke and the league should be greatly embarrassed that they continue to allow umpires and refs on the field or court that continue to make it all about them "Ref Show" or just totally mess everything up by incompetency.
    State had all the momentum after that play and it was stripped away by a woke dimwit sitting in an office somewhere in Birmingham that most likely NEVER play any kind of sport in their life.
    All that money......and that's the best you can get?
    Love All Worship One!
    Go Dawgz!

vCash
    I'm not necessarily mad about it, but it was dumb so I won't praise it. It very well could be the reason we didn't sweep