Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I want Lemonis fired.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    I would love to play some of these guys for cash on golf course, we are a fragile bunch for sure.
    Easy. ****ing. Money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It's Lemonis's call but the truth is our hitting compared to everyone else hasn't been bad. We actually hit SEC pitching better.

I get frustrated with our approach at times and I think we could be better but at the same time the reality is it's not so bad that a change is warranted at this time. I just wish Gautreau was more hands on and would be more active with making adjustments. So if he left I wouldn't be that upset but I'm also fine if he stays.
    Hmmm, statistically each of the last 2 seasons we've been below average (8th to 11th IIRC) in SEC only SLG% and OBP. This season we're right at average BUT we've faced slightly below SEC average pitching staffs too so it's too early to tell.

But we supposedly keep getting good classes and have decent NIL. You follow that more than me so I'll ask you- do we have the 9th (give or take) best talent in the SEC? If our talent is better than that then Jake G is under performing.

I don't think he's the WORST hitting coach but I think he's probably below average by SEC standards

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    I?ve been his biggest supporter. I think his coaching has been suspect but have been Giving him the pass because he?s a nice guy and won a natty. After tonight, refusing to go to bat for his kids. Who were screwed? I?m done. I want him gone. Now. FIRE LEMONIS!!!
    You need a break from posting for a while, bro. Just watch the games and chill out. 6-6 with no Ace and competitively playing the best teams in the nation, not that bad.

I wish South Carolina fired Dawn Staley cause of the fake brawl in the SECT. Then we would hire her the following second.

Lemons actually got all his players back the following game and won a ball game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Hmmm, statistically each of the last 2 seasons we've been below average (8th to 11th IIRC) in SEC only SLG% and OBP. This season we're right at average BUT we've faced slightly below SEC average pitching staffs too so it's too early to tell.

But we supposedly keep getting good classes and have decent NIL. You follow that more than me so I'll ask you- do we have the 9th (give or take) best talent in the SEC? If our talent is better than that then Jake G is under performing.

I don't think he's the WORST hitting coach but I think he's probably below average by SEC standards
    I think the way he approaches things makes our hitting stats a bit worse than they should be but at the same time his methods play up in the postseason typically when it matters most. If you look at and go off of stats you have to say he is underperforming but then you look at how we perform in games that matter more and we perform more than OK and probably up to our talent level.

He has more of a pro approach to things when we would probably be much better if we had a Campbell University approach to hitting where power is still a huge component but so is getting on base any way possible. If we had that approach we would probably have a lot fewer head scratching midweek losses.

One thing people forget about Gautreau- he was brought in by Cann to be more of an assistant hitting coach with Cann being the primary guy. As much as anything he was brought in for talent evaluation. His connection to Cann was a big reason why he was retained after everything hit the fan. Because we obviously couldn't keep Cann.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    I?ve been his biggest supporter. I think his coaching has been suspect but have been Giving him the pass because he?s a nice guy and won a natty. After tonight, refusing to go to bat for his kids. Who were screwed? I?m done. I want him gone. Now. FIRE LEMONIS!!!
    Better hope he tanks the rest of the season then. Cause if we make a regional......he's staying. I can't blame him for 2022.....we lost a third of our top pitchers to TJ. Hard to recover from not having the top hurler in the SEC/Nation available. I will blame him for 2023 though....should have had time to get the pitching staff together from either transfers or through the portal. He didn't do it and then had to fire Foxy in the middle of the season. The Parker hire was a good one though. Maybe it will make the difference for this season and in keeping his job. I think it may now have finally sunk in that the MSU job is top level and requires top level decision making.
    Last edited by SpaceBully; 04-10-2024 at 02:49 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    You need a break from posting for a while, bro. Just watch the games and chill out. 6-6 with no Ace and competitively playing the best teams in the nation, not that bad.

I wish South Carolina fired Dawn Staley cause of the fake brawl in the SECT. Then we would hire her the following second.

Lemons actually got all his players back the following game and won a ball game.
    I'd disown MSU if that happened. Can't stand Staley.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I'd disown MSU if that happened. Can't stand Staley.

I feel the brain drain is a real thing for our fine state.

vCash
    Lemo is still on the clock as nothing has changed. Let the season play out and see if he stays but if he does stay will he locate a closer and replace jordan and hines .

vCash
    I think Lemonis is safe for now. no doubt we have improved, we should and I think we will be in the Ncaa tourney. Too early to tell if we host or not, if we do I think our chances of winning it are much better than playing on the road. We can't afford a let down against a bad Ole Dixie team, the Florida series is looking bad now, they are over-rated, they got "road killed" last night. With Ole Dixie, Auburn, Lsu and Florida having issues it helps us in the long run. Bama also seems to be a hit and miss season as well. The teams that are playing better than us right now, Ark, Aggies, Vandy and Ky, should be interesting the rest of season. We are playing hard and not giving up which I like.