Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Uga game 2 thread: Mackenzie back on the bench edition

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Our 1st 5 batters were 2 for 14. Jordan had the single and drove in our only 2 runs, but he struck out the other 2 at bats. Larry was 0-3 as a leadoff guy. I don't care what he did last night, he is far too inconsistent and takes way too many strikes to bat leadoff. Hines was 0-3 with 3 strike outs and a couple of called 3rd strikes. The ones he swung at, he couldn't have hit with a tennis racket. Hujsak- 0-3. Mershon was 1-2 but he also got HBP and Walked. So he was on base 3 times, picked off 2nd once. Long had a bunt single and he walked and he scored on Jordan's single. Downs did his famous Downs at the plate imitation going 0-2. Chance got the first hit in Lindley through the 4 hole by relaxing and not getting frozen in his stance while Lindley used the entire 20 second clock every pitch. There was plenty of suckage to go around.
    Oh we're allowed to discuss the game?

Yes Armani shouldn't be leadoff if he's going to hit .260. hell put hm the 9 hole IDK, it's common to put a bad hitter who can run the bases well there. He certainly cant drive in any runs so I'm not sure why we should put him say, 6th instead.

Jordan and Hines (and maybe even Hujsak) seem to feel pressure to score all our runs. It's like they have to hit a homer NOW because if they simply single or walk the guys behind them won't get it done. They need to relax and trust the rest of the lineup -right or wrong- and they'll be more productive for it.

Ultimately we have a STUD hitter (Jordan), a good hitter (hujsak), a decent hitter who should be a stud (Hines), and a dude who gets on base and can steal (Mershon). The rest of the lineup is just there to draw a walk if the opposing pitcher has lost control. The lack of a decent DH is pretty inexcusable. Not having a catcher that can ht? FIne. 3B transfer isn't working out offensively? it happens. But you don't have 1 guy without a position that can hit? That's inexcusable. DH should be a .290 hitter with power at worst

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Let's face it all sports have gotten soft. It's the culture we live in now. Sad times
    The problem is it lacks common sense. They literally ejected players for running off the field at the end of an inning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The problem is it lacks common sense. They literally ejected players for running off the field at the end of an inning.
    I agree, but all sports are following society because we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. This ain't the baseball i grew up playing, watching or teaching. It's really sad that the competitiveness is being regulated out of the game. Man we had worse stuff going on in practices and scrimmages than what happened tonight. It's really sad what the game and really the world is becoming. Yeah I'm old and a dinosaur lol

vCash
    I agree, but all sports are following society because we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. This ain't the baseball i grew up playing, watching or teaching. It's really sad that the competitiveness is being regulated out of the game. Man we had worse stuff going on in practices and scrimmages than what happened tonight. It's really sad what the game and really the world is becoming. Yeah I'm old and a dinosaur lol
    I agree. People are waaayyy too sensitive today.

If we're honest a lot of this is Vitello's fault because he would go so beserk and his team would follow his lead that the SEC feared that a brawl would happen. And it was bound to happen. So now we're ejected players for running off the field for trying to keep their teammate out of a brawl. Make it make sense SEC?

The thing is most baseball brawls- even back then- most of the time it's mostly guys just pushing each other around except for a couple of guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I agree. People are waaayyy too sensitive today.

If we're honest a lot of this is Vitello's fault because he would go so beserk and his team would follow his lead that the SEC feared that a brawl would happen. And it was bound to happen. So now we're ejected players for running off the field for trying to keep their teammate out of a brawl. Make it make sense SEC?

The thing is most baseball brawls- even back then- most of the time it's mostly guys just pushing each other around except for a couple of guys.
    Agree on all points. This has to go down as one of the lamest ejections of players in the history of the game. This was literally nothing but a couple of bumps and nothing else. Heck there wasn't even pushing and shoving. The whole things was lame and soft by the sec office

vCash
    Hell I may be in the minority but I like what Long did. It was what followed by the SEC that sucked. I want to see some damn brass from the team. I’m tired of being doormats in a sport we should be one of the top at. What has happened the last 2 years has been inexcusable and we finally have someone who has some balls on the team.

Now if I’m Lemonis, I prolly would have gotten ejected just for the hell of it. Try a rally the troops thing. At some point you have to speak your mind/get the fine and not worry about it. Just think what Vitello would have done in that situation. Shit they may have had him arrested…

Now Sunday is gonna be plum ugly I’m afraid. UGA is fired up, we are playing with essentially a JV squad and they are gonna want to make a point. Only hope we have is that Dohm can keep it close… (I’m guessing he pitches cause he was charting today.)

Like I said In another thread, Atleast our offense can’t get much worse. I guess we will get to see a full game of Stevens, Dotson, and McKenzie.

One more thing, At what point do we finally say enough is enough of Gotro. He is suppose to be the hitting coach and I can’t think of one guy that has actually gotten better the longer he has stayed with Gotro off this team. Everyone in the SEC is smashing the ball and we finally get the pitching fixed and now we can’t hit for shit…

vCash
    CC24 you are just someone with knowledge and common sense, well said. This woke shit is getting harder to understand.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    I?m officially done with him. He wouldn?t even go to bat for his kids. I?m done. I want him fired right now
    Exactly WTF is he supposed to do in that situation? Jump up and down? Show his junk to the umpires? Take all the bases and go home? No, he bitched at them like he should have and went in about his job. Damn sometimes yall are out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    CC24 you are just someone with knowledge and common sense, well said. This woke shit is getting harder to understand.
    Lol. I don't know what I'm more sick of... actual "woke" bs or people using the word "woke" for everything. I don't like something so it's "woke".
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    https://x.com/jacksonyoung102/status...8Bgqphp2LQd9zA

Here's the hero for Georgia that didn't get ejected

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

I hope someone gets this to Lemonis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

So Birmingham only ejected players that they could 100% identify, but otherwise left them in the game, which a lot of players on both teams "could" have been ejected but weren't.

So they must have been working on really poor video quality to not be able to identify Chadwick from that. But I guess skin color alone was enough for them to identify Larry and Jordan and eject them? I mean, that would be noticeable on even really poor quality video. What a shitshow. Does the SEC really want people to put 2 and 2 together and figure that out?

vCash
    you reaching mayne. chill, all is well