Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Uga game 2 thread: Mackenzie back on the bench edition

vCash
    I really think I am truly done with baseball. EVERYTHING Lemonis does is either jinxed or backfires or whatever. After a 1-7 start in one run games we finally win a close game last night and then this shit is going to cost us the entire series. Just not worth emotionally investing in this team anymore. Johnny Long just gave the SEC umps an opening to screw us royally and boy did they ever. Not sure why he felt he needed to knee the player on the ground but that one play is going to destroy our season.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 04-06-2024 at 10:41 PM.

vCash
    With so many of our starters ejected, it is obvious we have little bench depth and many freshmen who are not ready for Prime Time. I thought GA had poor pitching, what gives in this series?
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 04-06-2024 at 11:12 PM.

vCash
    If the Umps/Bham didn't follow, the rules, they should all be permanently fired. If they DID follow the rules, the rules should be changed and whoever wrote them should be permanently fired. SEC should issue a formal apology to both teams and make all players (except Long) eligible for tomorrow.

But none of than will happen, because they don't have too.

vCash
    Look, we can bitch all we want but the runner did nothing to warrant Long getting that upset. He didnt hurt him but it shouldn't have happened, even in the emotion of the moment. If it happened to us you guys would be wanting to charge the field. Even the announcers said it shouldn't have happened.

Tomorrow will be ugly. We lost more than they did and it's gonna cost us the series. This was a crucial weekend for us. Now we have to see the fallout beyond tomorrow.

They should've thrown out Long and that's it.
    Last edited by Saltydog; 04-06-2024 at 10:42 PM.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    THAT was the WORST thing I've ever seen in sports at ANY level.
    I can?t think of anything worse right now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgFromOxford View Post
    Yep send Lemo packing. Tired of watching his teams get punked time and time again
    Lemo shouldn't get the chop because Long lost his cool for 3 seconds, jesus and people call ME an irrational Lemo hater

vCash
    Win tomorrow, take the series and tonight becomes an asterisk. Move on with a W against UAB and take care of business with 2 of 3 against, well, you know. We're gonna be fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Lemo shouldn't get the chop because Long lost his cool for 3 seconds, jesus and people call ME an irrational Lemo hater
    Exactly! People act purely on emotion about some of this stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    With so many of our starters ejected, it is obvious we have little bench drpth and many freshmen who are not ready for Prime Time. I thought GA had poor pitching, what gives in this series?
    No team sec or otherwise loses 6 starters and doesn't feel it. That's to much for anyone to deal with no team has that much quality depth

vCash
    Most garbage umpire and officiating thing I have ever seen.

MSU had to bat with 5 lumber jacks in the last two innings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    They should've thrown out Long and that's it.
    Well, of course, but that would make sense. This is the SEC where things have to be ridiculous. Most of our players thrown out were already ON the field and were running across the field after the 3rd out. Total horse hockey.

vCash
    Doesn't happen in nfl
    Doesn't happen in CFB
    Doesn't happen in nba
    Doesn't happen in college basketball (men or women)
    Doesn't happen in mlb

College baseball is a f'n joke of a sport. I will never spend another dollar on this trash sport

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    How is this about Lemonis? Only thing Lemons could do was headbutt the Ump in protest.

Lemons was at the plate directing players to the bench and nothing actually happened.
    He was in the dugout still in the game while his players were tossed for NOTHING. Refusing to atleast fight for his kids is an absolute embarrassment

vCash
    Once we realized on our end who was ejected its obvious we went from a chance to go up 2-0 tonight to an automatic 1-2. SEC has ZERO integrity. If folks had fought or pushed each other or punched I could have lived with it but NONE of that happened.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgFromOxford View Post
    Yep send Lemo packing. Tired of watching his teams get punked time and time again
    This!!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    He was in the dugout still in the game while his players were tossed for NOTHING. Refusing to atleast fight for his kids is an absolute embarrassment
    How do you fight people sitting in a booth in Bham that can't stand Miss State anyway??? The umps on the field weren't the ones deciding if there were going to be ejections and who.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Win tomorrow, take the series and tonight becomes an asterisk. Move on with a W against UAB and take care of business with 2 of 3 against, well, you know. We're gonna be fine.
    You're a good dude!

vCash
    I don't remember all the details but in the SEC women's basketball tourney didn't something like this happen in the LSU and USCe game? I don't recall the details but seems like everyone that left the bench was suspended but that situation was a way worse than this.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Sec is pathetic
    MSU Athletics department needs to take the bull by the horn. Immediately call for the firing of all the officials involved. The pink haired HR lady they have in Birmingham can go back to being a Junior High school counselor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    How do you fight people sitting in a booth in Bham that can't stand Miss State anyway??? The umps on the field weren't the ones deciding if there were going to be ejections and who.
    This.