Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
I disagree. Some type of change is coming sooner rather than later. What's going on now is not sustainable
I don't understand this augment, CFB is more popular than ever. 2023 was likely the best season in history and 2024 will be even better. The 12 team playoff will be huge. CFB will get even more popular. The money will even out, eventually dollar figures will be assigned to positions, but like draft picks, small market teams will have to play money ball. We're not going to win a natty anyway but that doesn't mean we can't go 7-5/8-4 most years and challenge for a playoff berth periodically. There may not be 100+ teams trying to play big team football and there never should have been that many. It'll settle out at 60ish teams, the same teams that won in the past will continue to win. In person attendance will continue to trend down, but TV viewership will remain strong and increase.

I'm sure during integration folks were screaming, "CFB is dead!" There was an adjustment period, but the product was much better in the long run. Change comes to everything, it doesn't mean doom.