Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2024 football prediction

vCash

2024 football prediction

Watching OU film to see the Lebby offense, I had high expectations of Gabriel, who is statistically one of the most prolific college qbs ever. But what stood out was the opposite, he has clear issues with footwork and accuracy. He often bailed himself out with his feet, doing a good job both throwing on the run and scrambling, and also throws a nice deep ball. But as a pocket passer he misses short and intermediate passes frequently, throwing to receivers feet and behind targets.

OU had a good o-line but few draft prospects at rb or wr. Lebby did a lot with average skill players. Looking back this has largely been the case at UCF and OM as well.

He will do the same at State. Shapen has a big year and ends up a dark horse Heisman candidate, finding his way onto watch lists late in the season. If he retains the starting position, Gabriel falls way down the ladder in qb rating playing in a west coast style offense. Ty Thompson, the man who transferred from OU,to make way for Gabriel, also has a superior season to Gabriel statistically.

vCash
    5-7

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    5-7

vCash
    I'm holding out for 6-6. That will be something to build on.

vCash
    16-0! A guy can dream right?

vCash
    6-6, would be a good start for Lebby.

vCash
    6-6 and a semi-exciting offense, and I'll be happy

vCash
    7-5

vCash
    Just beat OM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Just beat OM
    So 1-11 and you'd be happy as long as we beat OM?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    5-7
    I have no idea on record. I would bet money we have a top 30 offense with a ceiling in the 10-15 range. No idea how to gauge our defense.

I could see us winning some shootouts if the offense is really good and getting to 7-8 wins, losing some shootouts and struggling to get bow eligible if the offense is good but not great.

If the defense outperforms the low expectations (maybe the staff is better than we think, we land some defensive transfers, or both) then maybe we nab some upsets. It would be sweet to play spoiler on OM CFP hopes, for example.

My wild guess prediction today is 6 wins capped with a bowl win. SEC wins are Florida and Arkansas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerhill View Post
    I have no idea on record. I would bet money we have a top 30 offense with a ceiling in the 10-15 range. No idea how to gauge our defense.

I could see us winning some shootouts if the offense is really good and getting to 7-8 wins, losing some shootouts and struggling to get bow eligible if the offense is good but not great.

If the defense outperforms the low expectations (maybe the staff is better than we think, we land some defensive transfers, or both) then maybe we nab some upsets. It would be sweet to play spoiler on OM CFP hopes, for example.

My wild guess prediction today is 6 wins capped with a bowl win. SEC wins are Florida and Arkansas.
    If you think we are going to finish in the top 15 in offense you are about to be crushed.
    Last edited by Homedawg; 04-04-2024 at 11:53 PM.

vCash
    I bet we find a way to beat a team we shouldn't.

Arizona State will be a big game for us as far as having a bowl eligible season. Going 4-0 would be helpful.

I feel pretty confident about Arkansas in Starkville. I think we can beat Mizzou in Starkville. I think it's really unlikely that they replicate last season. Florida will be a big game for us as well. Egg Bowl- who knows how that is going to go?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    So 1-11 and you'd be happy as long as we beat OM?
    No id be pissed

vCash
    6-6 with an outside shot at 7. I think we'll be better than some think.

vCash
    I think 5-7 but 6-6 is attainable
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Just beat OM
    Horrible take from the 1980s.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    Horrible take from the 1980s.
    Concur, i hate that kind of mindset, and it is way too prevalent in our fan base. Too many of our fans are obsessed with OM.

vCash
    7-5
    I'll "accept" 6-6 if we look competitive and our coach doesn't look lost and embarrass us on national television.

vCash
    We SHOULD win more than 4 but over 4.5 is not easy money. IMO, to get to 5 we have to win our 3 non P5 OOC games and then we have to win 2 of @Arizona State, Florida and Arkansas. We will be pretty significant underdogs in all other games. So 5 wins is very doable but not a slam dunk. TA&M is sort of a wild card. I expect them to be much improved under Elko but who knows. And sorry, meant this under the Fanduel betting thread.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 04-05-2024 at 12:28 PM.