Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Confidence level

vCash

Confidence level

On a scale of 1-10 how confident are you that Lemonis and company will ever get us back to where we belong? Im about a 3 at best. He has beaten OM like a drum, and that is great. But if we are never going to get back to where we should be with him, every inning he is here is a waste. We are an improved team. We have a shot to not finish in 14th place in our league. But that is not us.

vCash
    Let him finish the season. If we miss Hoover again, send him packing and wish you'd had the balls to do it at the end of last year's debacle.
    Last edited by Turfdawg67; 04-02-2024 at 05:24 PM.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Minimum to retain his job is making a Regional. But next years team is going to be worse than this years team unless a lot of Portal Work is done and that definitely hasnt been a Lemonis strongpoint.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Minimum to retain his job is making a Regional.
    Which is not a great metric. I'm going to be ticked if we limp into a regional only to keep Lemonis so we have to endure another season of mediocre. Either do something special this season or hit the road.

vCash
    We probably are a slight favor to win series. I think it’s 50/50.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgFromOxford View Post
    Which is not a great metric. I'm going to be ticked if we limp into a regional only to keep Lemonis so we have to endure another season of mediocre. Either do something special this season or hit the road.
    Agreed that's the worst possible outcome and it's what I've been screaming from the rooftops for a while.

This is the year to show us he can get us to the State standard. Not show us we are better than the past 2 seasons, not show us we can barely make a regional, but play at the State standard. Either host or make it out of a regional or at least be a tough hard out. Next year will be worse, so if he can't get us to the State standard today he won't next year. He's in his 6th season. Enough is enough.

But I worry that if we limp into a regional it'll be "you can't fire a coach after he showed so much improvement!"

vCash
    For me, it is just time for a change. Regardless of what the rest of the season holds, we need fresh, fiery, hungry blood in the coaching staff. We need coaches that show their passion for winning in all that they do. We need a staff that is welcoming, proud, and honored to be at Mississippi State. I feel Lemonis and staff had that early, but that may have been some of the players we had giving off that vibe more than coaches. Again, I?m just ready for a change in an effort to get the excitement back in the program from the players, to the fans, to the coaches. There is NO other place like MSU and Dudy Noble for baseball. It is our gem in the crown, of not only MSU, but college baseball. I want it and the pride that comes with it on display 24/7.

vCash
    Another....zero

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Let him finish the season. If we miss Hoover again, send him packing and wish you'd had the balls to do it at the end of last year's debacle.
    He's gonna have to do a whole lot more than making Hoover.

A winning SEC record and either host or barely miss hosting is the minimum. Not looking great, but there may be enough talent to get it done in spite of him.

vCash
    I keep reading here about our strong talent level, but it is not enough to beat some OOC teams this year or as with today a Tuesday afternoon game with Central Arkansas. And when we lose, the excuse, "That's Baseball" is often used. We have a HC that has followed a NC with some Alpha Dawgs who were mainly previous coaches' players with a 14TH AND 13TH place finish in our own conference the past two years. We also seem to have lowered our standards on what is acceptable improvement this year. What is our overall record and in the SEC the past two years and this season to date?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    And when we lose, the excuse, "That's Baseball" is often used.
    Yeah, it's pretty bad. Every team has a couple of "That's Baseball" games every year, but we've had 6 and counting. We scheduled a fairly weak non-conference schedule that's going to hurt our RPI, and then we're racking up bad losses on top of that. At this point, I wouldn't expect to make a Regional at all if we have a losing conference record, and I wouldn't expect to host unless we can get to 20+ SEC wins and leave the committee no choice.

We're digging ourselves a hole. Hopefully the talent on the team can brute force our way out of it.

vCash
    I keep hoping Lem proves he can push the right buttons like he did in '21.

I am quickly losing all sense of hope.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    On a scale of 1-10 how confident are you that Lemonis and company will ever get us back to where we belong? Im about a 3 at best. He has beaten OM like a drum, and that is great. But if we are never going to get back to where we should be with him, every inning he is here is a waste. We are an improved team. We have a shot to not finish in 14th place in our league. But that is not us.
    The same confidence level I have you will admit Will ever played badly. Glad to see you back after a loss though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    I keep hoping Lem proves he can push the right buttons like he did in '21.

I am quickly losing all sense of hope.
    I waffle back and forth between trying to find positives (because I want State baseball back) and feeling hopeless.

At the end of the day, Lemo either will get it together or he won't, and we either will move on or we won't

vCash
    Our roster is good, but there are probably 8-9 other rosters as good and better in our league. That makes it difficult to reclaim former glory.

vCash
    The team was sleepwalking today, and we ended up fielding our JV squad. Through 8 innings, I never got one hint that anyone wanted to win the game. I tuned it off after that.

I don?t know what the deal was today, but it looked like more than just an off day.

I?m at a 5.

vCash
    I have been off the Lemonis train since about October-November of 21. I watched how the team was handling winning a National championship and was not liking what I saw. I then went to some fall ball games and did not like what I saw from Lemonis. It had me worried. That worry has never subsided. I posted, and was raked over the coals, that we should have fired him after 21. I just think a change in leadership is needed regardless of outcome. I just do not think he is the guy to lead the program going forward. It sucks because he is such a damn nice guy, but this is results business and he does not have the positive results to justify keeping him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I have been off the Lemonis train since about October-November of 21. I watched how the team was handling winning a National championship and was not liking what I saw. I then went to some fall ball games and did not like what I saw from Lemonis. It had me worried. That worry has never subsided. I posted, and was raked over the coals, that we should have fired him after 21. I just think a change in leadership is needed regardless of outcome. I just do not think he is the guy to lead the program going forward. It sucks because he is such a damn nice guy, but this is results business and he does not have the positive results to justify keeping him.
    Did I read that right and you would've fired him after 21? You would have fired him right after winning the national championship? 22 and 23 were bad but no one fires a coach right after winning a natty. That has to be a typo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Did I read that right and you would've fired him after 21? You would have fired him right after winning the national championship? 22 and 23 were bad but no one fires a coach right after winning a natty. That has to be a typo
    I agree. That would have been the craziest firing in the history of college sports. Well, he just won a national championship but right after that we didn't like his practices so we fired him??? Talk about having no chance to hire anyone else worth a flip. Now going back to after the '23 season I thought he should have been let go but since he wasn't I was hoping it would work out but now I'm thinking 1 run losses may end up being his demise. We may not make the post-season because of a horrendous record in one run games. We think we are doing better because we do look much better as a team than we have the past 2 seasons but we are 1-7 in one run games. So 7 of our 11 losses are by 1 run. But you know how the committee views a 1 run loss? As a loss. Folks think we are through a difficult part of the schedule but there is no weekend in the SEC (except for maybe Missouri) where its going to be easy to take a series. Turns out LSU is not all that great and I think Florida is overrated. Right now I think its only 50/50 we take the series from GA. This team needs to learn to win competitive games fast or this season is not going to end with us in the post season. I've really never seen a team perform this poorly in clutch situations. We really only win games we dominate.