Quote Originally Posted by SPMT View Post
I hear you! It can be overused and I grew up around profanity and use it too much, but do believe coaches of most all sports need intensity, regardless of their method. No need to direct it toward a player specifically but young men respond to intense coaches more often than not, as long as they aren?t whiners or blamers.

Baseball, especially can use an intense coach. Let?s face it, baseball often lacks the toughness required from other sports, especially physically, which often ties into mentally, where it is probably the most difficult of modern American sports. Baseball is a true sport of life.
I loved being coached hard when I played and I coached that way myself(although I didn't use profanity) but you can get your point across without it lol! Lot of kids now can't handle being coached like that but the ones that can will make better ball players. I had some that couldn't handle it and went somewhere else. You're right about baseball it truly is a sport of life and i believe it truly is the most difficult of sports.

My oldest son is a high school baseball and football coach and the parents love him because he's tough and he sticks up for his players.