Thread: Confidence level

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We are not LSU period. They are THE program in their state- plus have a large following in our state (especially on the coast) as well as in southern Texas. They are located in a large city which allows them to have large crowds for every home game- not just weekend series. And obviously its easier to recruit to LSU than it is to State

Now to your 2nd point- We have too many fans confusing our successful run we had that Lemon finished off with a title with that little run being a "standard". I've said this for 20 years now when people wanted to fire Polk and then when people wanted to fire Cohen- having the CWS as your "standard" is ridiculous. We are in the 25th year of the 2000's and we have 5 CWS appearances. Doing something 20% of the time is not a "standard". People arent being realistic saying that.

What should our standard be? It should be to make a Super. Be in the Sweet 16 of baseball so to speak. That is realistic. We have been in a Super 10 times and that is doable most seasons.

Lemon's job is to get into the postseason and see what happens. We are in the middle of that process currently. Next year is next year- has no bearing on this season. We have no idea what the team will be next year. We shall see how it plays out.
    I agree with a lot of your point about us not being LSU level and fans expectations being a little too unrealistic. I think they are that way because from 2013-2023 we went to 4 CWS, 6 Supers, and 7 Regionals. I mean we were on a hell of a 10 year run and Lemonis derailed it. Whether by injuries, mismanagement, or bad hiring it was derailed. All he had to do was just not screw it up, but he has managed to really screw it up. I think we are coming out of the 2 year low and getting back to respectability but to get back to the level we were at the end of Cohen is going to take some time. I also think our stadium being as palatial as it is has set a standard. I have said time and time again that stadium was not built for April. It was built for June. So when you build a stadium for that time of year, then the expectation is that you will be playing that time of year almost every year.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 04-03-2024 at 02:11 PM.