Cadaver - I would suggest you take your GoPro, but have a backup option. The worst that will happen is that they tell you at the entrance you need to return it to your car. They have a check stand option, but I haven't used it so can't comment.

1) Get there super early, before the gates open. I think gates open around 8, so get there at 6:45 -7:00 and stand in line outside the gates for them to open.
2) Hit the merchandise shop before doing anything else. If you get there early and are one of the first ones in, getting your bulk shopping done will save you hours you could be spending later out on the course.
- Please note there are two merchandise shops, so keep that in mind. The main one on the north side (which is the preferred one) and another on the south side by Berkman's Place. You can check and ship what you buy so you don't have to carry all day - highly recommend.
- Outside of Monday, each day has a chance for rain. If there is lightning, they will clear the course and based on when it happens - they could keep it closed for the remainder of the day. Nothing would suck worse than being there, waiting to purchase items, then get kicked off and lose the chance.
3) They have breakfast options, so you can come hungry. Everyone talks about the pricing, so you can eat and drink all day for less than what a shirt will cost you.
4) They have grandstands at all the popular spots, so chairs aren't as needed as on tournament days. If you're going on Wednesday though, I would recommend buying a chair as you'll want to place one for the Par 3 tournament. They drop the ropes to place chairs for that around 10am (if memory serves correctly). They've completely renovated that course since I've been, so can't recommend a location. We used to post up behind #9 tee box and it was a fantastic view!
5) You can get your photo taken for free in front of the clubhouse. You have to loop around the clubhouse past #10 tee box, but it's worth doing. Gives you a glimpse of Magnolia Drive as well.
6) As others have mentioned, it is a very hilly walk. Make sure you wear comfortable shoes.
7) Everyone you encounter will be in great spirits! The lack of having a phone magnifies the experience! It's awesome!
8) Make sure to spend some time on #16. For practice rounds, you'll see them skip it over the water.

To summarize, get there early (well before the gates are scheduled to open and wait in line), merchandise shop as soon as you get there, walk the course first to take it all in, identify some spots you'd like to come back to, and finally just enjoy the day!

DM with any specific questions; I'd be happy to help so you're prepared and can maximize the day!