Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
But by damn we are competitive. If that was the number six team in the country, I like where we are right now. We got to get fully healthy and get us a closer. We are closer than I expected we would be and this beats the hell out of of last year. At least they made a hit to win it and we didnt give it away, although you can?t grove a pitch to their best hitter in a chance for them to win it. And boy was it grooved. Just heartbreaking.
All this is true. BUT, I put both losses this squarely on pitching DECISIONS!! Stayed with the lefthander way, way, way too long Friday night, and stayed with Siary way, way too long today. Their lineup had already seen him for corn's sake; time for a change in the 9th inning. And in any event, he should have been yanked when he hit the first batter. Just insane pitching decisions both Friday and today. If it's Lemonhead, then once again he's showing he's dumber than dirt. If it's the new pitching coach, then he ain't very smart either.

I'm venting somewhat here, but damn, this was a disappointing weekend for two out of three nights!!