Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Game 3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Damn. Don't tell me that again. Lol
    And that is why Lemonis will lose his job. He just does not know how to coach late if Landon Sims or Cole Gordon is not sitting in the bullpen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah 2 pitches to play with you gotta make him chase at least 2 and then it's still 3-2 if he doesn't, no reason to give him anything he could barrel up there
    Yep. No reason at all to throw a 4 seamer there. Right over the heart. Brutal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    He still should not have been 25 feet off 3rd base. Not only did they score a run but State didn't get an out in a ball hit in the infield come on C24. You are smarter than that about this sport. 3-1 game with runners at 2nd and 3rd so we play to give up a run to get an out. We don't get the out and still give up the run. Yes, fortunately at the time that was the only run that scored. But after Their RF made the diving catch, our hitters did nothing the rest of the game. So THAT run ended up being a huge one. It ain't about hindsight. It is about where Chester was playing in that instance. He was out of position by at least 10 feet. At least! No need in arguing about any more though because our leadoff guy and our stars sucked today when the pressure was on to come through. The same guy shut them down Friday and today! That dude pitched a lot of pitches in 2 games this weekend. As did Schuelke.
    Dude look they have tons of scouting on these hitters they know where they hit the ball. Im sorry you don't agree on playing percentages or scouting reports, BUT that is what you do in baseball is follow scouting reports and 90% of the time it pays off. Sometimes it doesn't but once again if he's playing in and they hit it by you be wondering why he's playing in.

He's not out of position if that's where the scounting report tells him to play.

And yeah there's no use arguing anymore. I respect your posts and you do have good takes.

vCash
    In 17 of States 19 wins, they are by 3 or more runs with an average of 6.5 run victories. 6 of State's 10 losses are by 1 run. 4 of which State has now lost in come from ahead style.

vCash
    In 17 of States 19 wins, they are by 3 or more runs with an average of 6.5 run victories. 6 of State's 10 losses are by 1 run. 4 of which State has now lost in come from ahead style.
    We have to find a closer. Difference between being great and just good.

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    Dohm has to close

vCash
    We have go find a closer. Difference between being great and just good.
    This. Whether that's Forsythe, Hardin, or whoever someone needs to step up.

I hope with Dohm coming back it will help settle things down some.

vCash
    Thanks Gautreau!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

Desperately need someone to step up! Can't keep losing games we have won

vCash
    Dude look they have tons of scouting on these hitters they know where they hit the ball. Im sorry you don't agree on playing percentages or scouting reports, BUT that is what you do in baseball is follow scouting reports and 90% of the time it pays off. Sometimes it doesn't but once again if he's playing in and they hit it by you be wondering why he's playing in.
    I have acquiesced on playing in on the grass I agree he didn't need to be in at 3rd just 12 -15 feet closer to the line then he was. I disagree playing 25 feet away from 3rd essentially standing in the 6 hole which is where Chester was standing when the ball was hit. If the batter had hit it 6 feet inside the bag at third they wound have scored 2 runs and tied the game. It's all moot now because our guys can't hit for shit when the game is in the line. How many games has State won when trailing going into the 8th and 9th this year? 1 big 8th inning comeback. Florida is 16-11 and 8 of those have been won in their last at bat!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    The Chance AB in the 6th was where the game turned. We had all the momentum. If that ball is 3 ft further right or drops 3 ft sooner then we win. That would've scored 2 or 3 more and I think they fold.
    Very unlucky there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Very unlucky there
    You got that right! Chance smoked it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    That pitch call was something else.
    I?m sure he missed his target but my gosh, you just can?t groove the damn thing!!! Terrible miss!!

vCash

When is Dohm expected back

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    When is Dohm expected back
    Against uga, we'll see.

vCash
    Desperately need someone to step up! Can't keep losing games we have won
    I'm pretty sure Lemonis knows it too. I think he may have to just go with someone and just stay with them for a little while unless that pitcher proves they can't do it.

vCash
    You got that right! Chance smoked it.
    Would have been ballgame. Lemonis has to lay his head down at night sometimes and just think he’s snake bit. Although I think some of it his doing, knowing he should have swept must eat him alive and could cost him his job down the road.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure Lemonis knows it too. I think he may have to just go with someone and just stay with them for a little while unless that pitcher proves they can't do it.
    Yep. It's gotta be frustrating as heck to these kids to fight and battle the whole game and have a win turn into a loss just like that.

vCash
    As usual, can't win a close game in conference. 3 of 5 losses are by 1 run and EVERY one of the 4 wins are by at least 5 runs. This is actually a pretty good team but there is NO clutch in this team whatsover. Pathetic to outscore Florida 21-13 and lose the series.

vCash
    That?s actually pretty encouraging to me. We are really close. Get it figured out by May and make a deep run