Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Flarda game 1 thread.......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Tyler Davis and Brooks Auger should have to apologize to their teammates because their incompetence lost them this game.

How are you an SEC pitcher and suck that bad? This is a soul crushing loss. Won't be surprised if we get swept now. Pathetic.
    Brooks Auger needs to specifically pitch low stress midweek games til he leaves. He melts on the mound in any high pressure situation because he cannot strike anyone out. He only has a fastball that he just tries to blow by everyone.

vCash
    I'd rather get run ruled than get beat like this. This is a demoralizing way to lose. The sweep is on. Gonna be hard to recover this weekend.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Davis has done his job all year. He didn't have it tonight. Pitchers ain't gonna have it everytime out. It sucks this game should've been over. Even as bad as the last 2 innings were Kohler has to make that play we win.

vCash
    Let the SEC's worst most arrogant pos Coach off the hook on top of blowing the game. Again, 2023 level performance there from the bull pen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    If we'd fired Lemonis like virtually the entire fanbase wanted to and hired a good coach to replace him, we'd have several more wins right now. There are a lot of good things going on with this program, but no matter what our final record ends up being (and I'll repeat that it will probably be good enough to make a Regional), it will be lower it should be.
    If we keep him around for being a 2 seed in a regional then that will give everyone the answer on what Selmon thinks about baseball, and by the way, I believe he will keep him around in that scenario.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I blame our offense here. You can't have that many quiet innings on the back side against a more talented team. This season starts over next weekend.
    Looked at too many strike 3s

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    I'd rather get run ruled than get beat like this. This is a demoralizing way to lose. The sweep is on. Gonna be hard to recover this weekend.
    Yea because now you have to win 2 games to win 1 basically. And I know it is not the popular thing to do anymore, but let the starter at least through the 7th. Especially if they are rolling like Stephen was tonight.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 03-29-2024 at 09:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Davis has done his job all year. He didn't have it tonight. Pitchers ain't gonna have it everytime out. It sucks this game should've been over. Even as bad as the last 2 innings were Kohler has to make that play we win.
    I'm much more pissed at Kohler for not making a play.

vCash
    Typical MSU. All they do is build you up just to let you down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    If we'd fired Lemonis like virtually the entire fanbase wanted to and hired a good coach to replace him, we'd have several more wins right now.
    Yeahhhh- I'm pissed he told Davis to walk both those guys too. Terrible strategy and lost it for us.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Yeahhhh- I'm pissed he told Davis to walk both those guys too. Terrible strategy and lost it for us.
    After missing the sect (not ncaa), lemonis doesn't get to say players didn't execute... get better players or you get gone

vCash
    I'll be very curious to see if we bounce back or fold up like a cheap tent. That loss could kill this season and Lemonis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    He’s got to come up with that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Me too because his bat sucks too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    This game wasn't lost because he pulled Schuelke. They had 2-3 LH hitters coming up and LH hitters typically hit submarine pitchers well.

This game was lost because Tyler and Auger didn't do their jobs. Period.
    So? Let them hit solo HR's and we would still have a 2 run lead with right handers coming up. How did the RH batters do against him? If it aint broke, don't fix it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    I'll be very curious to see if we bounce back or fold up like a cheap tent. That loss could kill this season and Lemonis
    I fully expect us to get swept. It is a chore winning 1 on the road in the SEC. We basically have to win 2 to get 1 after tonight. We will now have to sweep someone at home to make up for that one tonight.

vCash
    Should have never got to that play. But to be fair, the top of the 9th batting order pussed out! 3 K's, two looking. As good as Hines is, he isn't clutch because he refuses to swing at pitches thst may require him to hit oppo. Of course he will be a perfect pro because all he will have to do is hit .240 with 30 HRs, and he will make bank. That don't get it in college because you don't get 162 games to hit 30 HRs. You have to hit to all fields to be a team player. You can be a dead pull hitter and be a "you" player.

vCash
    After missing the sect (not ncaa), lemonis doesn't get to say players didn't execute... get better players or you get gone
    Agree- but you and I both know that wasnt on Lemon. Davis choked. Thats on Parker
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    This game wasn't lost because he pulled Schuelke. They had 2-3 LH hitters coming up and LH hitters typically hit submarine pitchers well.

This game was lost because Tyler and Auger didn't do their jobs. Period.
    We weren't gonna put anybody on the mound that was gonna close that one out. This Florida team is coming on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    So? Let them hit solo HR's and we would still have a 2 run lead with right handers coming up. How did the RH batters do against him? If it aint broke, don't fix it.
    Correct. We had given up two solo homers and were up 6-2. We were fine until we brought in Davis, who has had control issues for two years now. You just do not bring that guy into a situation on the road where you absolutely need a win