vCash

2024 Braves Thread

Braves are STACKED this year. Super excited for this season

vCash
    Pitching still concerns me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    I think Chris Sale is exactly what we needed. Another quality arm that has postseason success. Only thing we could use some more bullpen help and another outfielder. Hopefully Arcia plays like he did last year.

vCash
    We will see. No doubt the Braves are a playoff team barring some catastrophic injuries. But do they run away with it or have a tight battle with the Phillies.

No doubt the Braves won't miss Eddie in LF. But do we get good, bad, or mediocre Adam? Does Kelenic do anything at all or is he a bust? Does Arcia regress at short? Was last year a mirage for Ozuna or does he return to 2022 form? Can we get 1st half Murphy for the entire season?

If Strider, Fried, Olson, Riley, Acuna, and Albies do their normal thing then all of these are minor concerns. But you gotta think that Matt and Ronald put up unreal numbers last year that you can't expect to replicate year after year.

Regardless it gonna be a fun season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    Why? 1-4, the Braves have the best pitching staff in the league. Strider, Fried, Sale, Morton is damn good. Reynaldo Lopez is the 5th starter and he has tremendous upside, it'll just come down to how he performs as a starter.

The bullpen is stacked too.

Only thing that could hurt the Braves is injuries but that's true for every team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    We will see. No doubt the Braves are a playoff team barring some catastrophic injuries. But do they run away with it or have a tight battle with the Phillies.

No doubt the Braves won't miss Eddie in LF. But do we get good, bad, or mediocre Adam? Does Kelenic do anything at all or is he a bust? Does Arcia regress at short? Was last year a mirage for Ozuna or does he return to 2022 form? Can we get 1st half Murphy for the entire season?

If Strider, Fried, Olson, Riley, Acuna, and Albies do their normal thing then all of these are minor concerns. But you gotta think that Matt and Ronald put up unreal numbers last year that you can't expect to replicate year after year.

Regardless it gonna be a fun season.
    I am anxious to see how Strider does. I haven't watched any Spring training but he supposedly has a devastating curveball now to go with 100 heater.

vCash
    Braves are the best team in baseball. Hopefully they're hot in October... that's all that matters for a championship - rangers 2023 and braves 2021 are good examples; neither were the best teams their years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I am anxious to see how Strider does. I haven't watched any Spring training but he supposedly has a devastating curveball now to go with 100 heater.
    Watching his new curve reminded me of watching Nolan Ryan. It just buckles your knees and there is nothing you can do about it. Nolan was more of the traditional 12-6, but the effect is just as devastating.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Let's GO!

vCash
    Strider's curve is making guys look silly so far

vCash
    Duvall! Gotta love it.

Unfortunately it looks like Murphy may be out for a while

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    Duvall! Gotta love it.

Unfortunately it looks like Murphy may be out for a while
    Sucks, but early in season, so not a killer

vCash
    You have to love the wisdom of Major League Baseball. These guys have been playing games in Florida and Arizona for over a month and then you schedule openers in New York, Philly, Chicago and Baltimore

vCash
    Braves have opened up a can!

vCash
    THAT is why you let Fried walk. Even though he got hosed on a strike 3 RIGHT down the middle, he’s not a 20 or 30 million per year pitcher. Terrible effort.

vCash
    Damn Fried got screwed there.

vCash
    This Braves team is relentless

vCash
    Didn't have Max Fried and Aaron Nola giving up a combined 8 runs in less than 2 innings on my bingo card

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Didn't have Max Fried and Aaron Nola giving up a combined 8 runs in less than 2 innings on my bingo card
    Lol got that right! They both always struggle early. Kinda like power hitters

vCash
    Glad we got uncle Jessie back. Dude knows how to pitch and eats innings!