Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
In theory, yes. But that's not going to happen under AA's watch. And I doubt there is going to be a top of the rotation starter that is just dangling out there at the deadline to begin with. He's going to grab a cheap 4th, 5th or 6th starter from one of the noncontenders like the White Sox, Pirates, or Royals. While he's struck some gold with reliever trades, not so much with starters. I think Tommy Milone and Jake Odorizzi are the only 2 i can remember.

The Braves were long rumored in the past for deadline guys like Tajuan Walker, Marcus Stroman, Chris Archer and it never happened.

I think the best you could probably hope for is somebody like Paul Blackburn with the As, maybe Kyle Freeland with the Rockies, but guys like that aren't near the level of Strider, or even Fried.
Yeah, there won't be such a SP available and even if there is the Braves don't have/won't have the prospect capital to go get him. I can see them taking an overpriced #2 or#3, eating the contract. Ian Andedson and Ynoa are working their way back from injury, hopefully one or both will be in form for the 2nd half. Quantity of pitching won't be a problem, but losing a true ace always hurts and is not replaceable these days.