Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pitching rotation for this weekend

vCash
    I think it might be a way to give Dohm some extra rest and have his first start against Georgia in Starkville as opposed to on the road.

If that is the plan it will give Stephen and Loo an extra day of rest next week while keeping them on schedule for next week.

I'm sure it is somewhat match up based to in order to give us a more favorable match up

vCash
    I don't expect to see Dohm until uga. Heard that last week, but who knows.

ETA real possibility Loftin starts Sunday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbub50 View Post
    Possible reasons why Stephen and Loo slid up and tba on Sunday

1) it’s trending towards being dohm and they want the next cpl days to monitor to make sure their are no set backs and he is completely ready before naming him starter. This also buys two more days to rehab before having to pitch.
    In a vacuum this makes sense but then if you plan to return him to Friday starter status he?s on a short week of rest which doesn?t seem smart considering in this situation they are giving him extra rest due to injury. I would say odds are much higher that it?s not dohm than it being dohm but stranger things have happened

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I don't expect to see Dohm until uga. Heard that last week, but who knows.

ETA real possibility Loftin starts Sunday.
    I hope so. I'm guessing it's either him or Siary. I want to start getting Loftin some SEC experience.

vCash
    If Dohm was to pitch Sunday more than an inning or two there is no way he would start the next Friday
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I hope so. I'm guessing it's either him or Siary. I want to start getting Loftin some SEC experience.
    I agree. He's got the rust off time to see what he can do against the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I agree. He's got the rust off time to see what he can do against the league.
    He would be great to pair up with Loo on Sundays IMO. If he can get SEC hitters out.

We know Loo can give us 4-5 innings so if Loftin can give us 2-3 that's like a quality start.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    If Dohm was to pitch Sunday more than an inning or two there is no way he would start the next Friday
    If we pitch him on Sunday my guess is it would be in relief. And to me that would make me think that we would be thinking about moving him back to the bullpen for the rest of the year and maybe moving Stevens into the rotation.

But I think they just wait until Georgia.

Banned
    vCash
    A healthy Dohm is easily our best pitcher. We need him in the rotation. I’d be tickled to see him on saturdays moving forward. If, and that’s a big if, he’s healthy