Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If I were in Dak's shoes

vCash
    Dak would have been a perfect fit with Steelers this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Whaaaat?

He's coming off the best statistical regular season of his career, finished 2nd team all pro, and finished #2 in the MVP vote. He's got a ton of tread left on his tires. If Jerry is dumb enough to let him walk (which I hope he does), there will be a slew of teams throwing all their money at Dak to be their starting QB.
    Dak had a great year but nobody is signing him for 60mil a year on the backside of his career

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    Dak had a great year but nobody is signing him for 60mil a year on the backside of his career
    Backside? He's 30 and coming off his best year, stats wise. He's still in his prime.

vCash
    Considering more QBs will get big payouts between now and then, thus raising the bar even higher...he most definitely will

vCash
    Backside? He's 30 and coming off his best year, stats wise. He's still in his prime.
    Yeah- unless he has a bad injury again or something crazy- Dak could go another 8 years
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Yeah- unless he has a bad injury again or something crazy- Dak could go another 8 years
    This.

vCash
    Dak is in the middle of his prime, and with the way he plays and takes care of himself, he could do this many more years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    That’s the only reason I liked Brady. Never liked the Pats but I respect the guy who took less money to have a winning team. May never see that kind of unselfishness again in sports.
    It helps if your wife brings in $100 Mil a year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Exactly

Well, ex now, but still.

vCash
    True but Brady was doing that before Gisele, too.

vCash
    Love Dak but cannot believe he is demanding that type of money. Take 45mil a year so they can sign a few guys
    I agree, but he should do it on another team. Dallas isn't serious about winning a title.

vCash
    Prior to last season, everyone said he needed to make a playoff run to cement himself as a top QB. He didn't do that, but has another chance this year, win a couple of playoff games and he'll get whatever contract he wants.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Prior to last season, everyone said he needed to make a playoff run to cement himself as a top QB. He didn't do that, but has another chance this year, win a couple of playoff games and he'll get whatever contract he wants.
    That's the thing...it's hard to win in the playoffs, and 1 player can't do it by himself. Dallas, as a team, has looked absolutely unprepared from the jump 3 years in a row (though last year, they smoked Brady in the Wildcard round). Their defense has been a mirage for the most part 2 years in a row, and they have done zilch to really address it (i.e., big DT's and LBs). If they're playing a team that runs the ball just OK with some play action, they literally can't stop them (see the Green Bay debacle). And that puts a ton of pressure on the offense, which for 2 years straight, hasn't had a reliable run game...

vCash
    Love Dak but cannot believe he is demanding that type of money. Take 45mil a year so they can sign a few guys
    He plays for a guy that has never committed to winning. Which reflects on Dak in today's media world. Milk that SOB for every dime you can get. If he gets it, great!!! If not, he possibly gets on a team that wants to win a Superbowl. I think it's a smart move for Dak.

vCash
    Dallas had a top 5 defense *statistically* but it was clear when they played anyone with a pulse they weren't as good as paper showed. Which brings me to a similar point on Dak. He had a very good year statistically and in the win column however when you sit down and look at the competition Dallas played vs last year it doesn't take long to realize that Dallas had a very easy schedule. The combined W/L total of the teams they beat was 80-124. 4 of Dallas's 12 wins were vs teams with a winning record and 1 was against a Philly team that fell off a cliff the latter part of the year and another was likely an officiating gift vs Detroit. Dak's QBR vs teams with a winning record is 59.1 while against teams with a losing record is was nearly 20 points higher at 78.1.

It was difficult to figure Dallas out since they rarely played anyone good but when they did their top 5 defense and MVP candidate QB no longer looked the part. Dak is and has always been a solid top 10 QB in the league and possibly top 6 or 7 now but not winning when it counts makes it hard to justify being the top paid QB in the league. When there's QBs like Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Mahomes, Burrow, and even Purdy with his year making it to a SB I don't see how Dak can get that.

vCash
    That's the thing...it's hard to win in the playoffs, and 1 player can't do it by himself. Dallas, as a team, has looked absolutely unprepared from the jump 3 years in a row (though last year, they smoked Brady in the Wildcard round). Their defense has been a mirage for the most part 2 years in a row, and they have done zilch to really address it (i.e., big DT's and LBs). If they're playing a team that runs the ball just OK with some play action, they literally can't stop them (see the Green Bay debacle). And that puts a ton of pressure on the offense, which for 2 years straight, hasn't had a reliable run game...
    Jerry just doesn't build a team for the playoffs. The Dallas D has been almost nonexistent in the Playoffs along with having 1 good WR at a time. Tyron Smith is a great talent at LT who plays half the time. Their Oline is overrated except for Z. Martin.

Dak is giving them a chance to win but that Defense gives it away.

vCash
    Love Dak but if I owned an NFL team and I thought all I needed to make a SB run was a QB.... quite frankly Dak wouldn't be my first pick.
    Last edited by Churchill; 03-28-2024 at 11:16 AM.

vCash
    Jerry just doesn't build a team for the playoffs. The Dallas D has been almost nonexistent in the Playoffs along with having 1 good WR at a time. Tyron Smith is a great talent at LT who plays half the time. Their Oline is overrated except for Z. Martin.

Dak is giving them a chance to win but that Defense gives it away.
    Yep, all true.

And speaking of the WR...I remember something was weird with CeeDee at the start of the GB game; he had terrible body language pretty much starting their first possession...he was literally playing like he didn't give af.

vCash
    Yep, all true.

And speaking of the WR...I remember something was weird with CeeDee at the start of the GB game; he had terrible body language pretty much starting their first possession...he was literally playing like he didn't give af.
    When his dad got all over social media saying Dak wasn't a good QB that's when I got off the CeeDee train. Problem with the Boys has been stated. A career 2nd string RB started. Crappy Oline and a D that a girls powder puff team could run through. Oh I forgot to add a coach running his 20 year old offense that is very unimaginative.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    Dallas had a top 5 defense *statistically* but it was clear when they played anyone with a pulse they weren't as good as paper showed. Which brings me to a similar point on Dak. He had a very good year statistically and in the win column however when you sit down and look at the competition Dallas played vs last year it doesn't take long to realize that Dallas had a very easy schedule. The combined W/L total of the teams they beat was 80-124. 4 of Dallas's 12 wins were vs teams with a winning record and 1 was against a Philly team that fell off a cliff the latter part of the year and another was likely an officiating gift vs Detroit. Dak's QBR vs teams with a winning record is 59.1 while against teams with a losing record is was nearly 20 points higher at 78.1.

It was difficult to figure Dallas out since they rarely played anyone good but when they did their top 5 defense and MVP candidate QB no longer looked the part. Dak is and has always been a solid top 10 QB in the league and possibly top 6 or 7 now but not winning when it counts makes it hard to justify being the top paid QB in the league. When there's QBs like Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Mahomes, Burrow, and even Purdy with his year making it to a SB I don't see how Dak can get that.
    They beat who they needed to beat with the exception of Arizona. Losing on the road to Buffalo, Miami, San Fran and Philly is understandable. Sure they let a couple of those slip away but losing to a playoff team on the road doesn’t mean they were bad.

The league as a whole was pretty balanced. Buffalo lost 6 in the regular season, SF looked pitiful during a 3 game losing streak, KC didn’t turn it on til the playoffs and of course the Eagles had a massive choke.

Dallas gets ridiculed because of their history since the last Super Bowl. But that’s not really fair to the players that are on the field today. They can’t control history and if you look at the season as a whole Dallas has been on a decent run with Dak. Josh Allen doesn’t get near the shit that Dak does from the media because he’s not on America’s Team.