This was a classic trap game for us and we came out with a win. I'm happy about that. This is Kohn's second appearance coming off of Tommy John. I'm actually happy he is back this early. He may be able to help the bullpen the second half of the SEC season and can help in midweek games. He'll likely improve. It's easy to poo on Holcombe and I get it but I'm happy he at least didn't walk anybody. It's two steps forward and one step back with him. He got squeezed right before he gave up the home run and the balk was iffy. My only concern is if he will carry it over into his next appearance or not. I'm kind of glad this happened in Samford and not Florida.

Kohler is our best third baseman. It is what it is. We just can't have Cupp and Kohler in the lineup at the same time.

If the batter misses the ball on a squeeze play the runner is more than likely dead.

Scheulke is more Ryan Rigby than Ross Mitchell to me.

We'll see what happens after Florida. It's still a challenging schedule but I feel like everything is setting up for us to have a strong second half of the SEC schedule. Just have to weather out this weekend and then we have BIG home series against Georgia.