Lengthy but here are a few of my takeaways from tonight.

Kohn was not very good tonight. Neither was Colby.

Nolan Stephens was not good at the plate tonight at all. Looked very uncomfortable. Whatever it was, it was bad

Kohler is one of the worst hitters we have ever had. There is no way his defense justifies being this bad at the plate. And tbh, there were atleast two balls that he could have had a chance to make a play on tonight that he didn?t.

I?ve seen high school?s that had better videography that Samford does

Holcolm?s balk wasn?t a balk. Period

Leaving men on base with less than two outs is completely ridiculous. Against a freaking mid major at that.

I?m glad we got the out, but what was long doing on the safety squeeze. He ran up the line and tagged the guy on his back. I don?t get it

Hujsak seems to be slumping

Merchon can flat out play defense. He?s inconsistent at the plate but man can he play d

DJ seems to have been in a little bit of a slump but came out of it tonight it seems and that?s very good if so

Tyler Davis looked pretty good

Shulcke(sp?)did shulcke things. Can he be Ross Mitchell 2.0 for us?

We had more fans there than samford did

Samford not bunting in the bottom of the 7th in a tie game with runners on 1st and 2nd was big dumb.

Big time swing for chance. That?s one positive about him, he?s not a great hitter by any means yet, but he does put a long ball threat at the lower part of the order

I think we are a decent team. But, I don?t think We are quite as good as we thought we were after LSU. I LOVED our fight tonight late, but we I think the last 4 games showed us we overreacted a little after the first sec series. I think we are a tourney team for sure, but I just don?t see us being top half of sec.