Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
Wow, I didn't think Kugel would have those options either. I think the top programs just use their name and NIL to try and talent load.

I mean last year we didn't understand how ARK could land as many as they did. The ended up stinking and I'm betting about 4-5 of them regret their choice (other than the paycheck).

We need to find the kid that realizes he needs a place where he can get the PT and attention. A lot of these kids that were big HS recruits like Kugel will blame their current coach for not giving them a shot and still think they can be impact players on elite teams. They end up wrong more than they are right. I might have to spend some time looking back on some of those to see how often they end up being big contributors on their new teams.
Well for every Caleb Love there is going to be a Jahvon Quinerly. And for every Dalton Knecht there is going to be a Chris Ledlum. You just have to find players that are going to fit your culture and your style of play. It is no different than recruiting out of high school. The timeline is just quicker so the risk/reward is higher.