Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Men's Transfer Portal Targets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Michael Nwoko just committed. 6'10 transfer freshman from Miami. Played about 9 minutes a game this year. Was a 4 star coming out of HS.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay-aN6...BiYXNrZXRiYWxs

Very athletic big. He didn't play a ton at Miami but he was only a true Freshman. Not a bad pickup. We still need some proven scoring, especially in the post. We have 5 scholarships available I'm hoping Jans can get us another post player, a wing defender and some shooting with the remaining scholarships.

vCash
    De'Shayne Montgomery just chose Georgia over us.. it supposedly came down to the two of us but he went with GA...

Recruiting in both men's and women's basketball has been off to a rough start. There was a big we were after that just committed elsewhere also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    De'Shayne Montgomery just chose Georgia over us.. it supposedly came down to the two of us but he went with GA...

Recruiting in both men's and women's basketball has been off to a rough start. There was a big we were after that just committed elsewhere also.
    Yea the big chose Florida over us. It comes down to NIL. Florida and Georgia have more in their NIL war chest because they don't have a bunch half of their people donating to baseball. That may sound cruel, but it's the truth. Our offer was good, but Georgia's was better.

vCash

Jans striking out per usual in recruiting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Yep!!

vCash

How is this baseballs fault?

In no way will we ever have the nil that Florida and Georgie have. Never. We don?t have the population, the economics and therefore we don?t have the alumni volume to produce a nil on par with those schools. Basically, no different than before.

vCash
    Connected friend very disgusted with Jan's lack of recruiting skills 0 for 3 on recent visitors. Says hard to succeed when you want out yourself. Only recruiting success in his first two years plus here at State has been Hubbard who fell in his lap when OM fired Kermit. Next year could be brutal on the court at this rate.
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 04-18-2024 at 07:29 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Connected friend very disgusted with Jan's lack of recruiting skills 0 for 3 on recent visitors. Says hard to succeed when you want out yourself. Only recruiting success in his first two years plus here at State has been Hubbard who fell in his lap when OM fired Kermit. Next year could be brutal on the court at this rate.
    Hub is gonna have to score 50 per game. Hope we can sniff the NIT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    Also heard Jans went on vacation to NM when he might should have been recruiting. Don't forget his Asst HC also left for OK or OK State in this recent time frame. Was told if it wasn't for George Brooks, we would really be in worse trouble.

vCash
    Just curious how much you think recruiting plays today? I think it's all about money now. Anyone know what Hubbard cost to keep?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    Clary avg 16.7 in the big 10, which was a better conference than the sec. For reference, Hubbard avg'd 17.1. Clary shot better from 3 too. Hubbard will have offensive help.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Yea the big chose Florida over us. It comes down to NIL. Florida and Georgia have more in their NIL war chest because they don't have a bunch half of their people donating to baseball. That may sound cruel, but it's the truth. Our offer was good, but Georgia's was better.
    So we have some money left?

vCash
    Who is nick pringle interested in? I think he could be the type of player we need - defense and rebounding.

vCash
    break the bank

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPMT View Post
    How is this baseballs fault?

In no way will we ever have the nil that Florida and Georgie have. Never. We don?t have the population, the economics and therefore we don?t have the alumni volume to produce a nil on par with those schools. Basically, no different than before.
    I have no clue what you are talking about. I never mentioned baseball. And I'm well aware those schools are states are bigger and heavier populated. Still sucks to lose out on recruits and unless we want to be poor little old Mississippi State for the foreseeable future we are going to have to figure something out. I do my part

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Just curious how much you think recruiting plays today? I think it's all about money now. Anyone know what Hubbard cost to keep?
    Money absolutely plays a major factor but most kids ultimate dream is to play at the next level and make that type of money, so the coaches who have players they coached in the NBA definitely use that as a recruiting pitch. It's partly how Howland recruited so well, he would list off all of his NBA players and tell recruits he could get them there. Of course this was before NIL but that still plays a part.

vCash
    I have no clue what you are talking about. I never mentioned baseball. And I'm well aware those schools are states are bigger and heavier populated. Still sucks to lose out on recruits and unless we want to be poor little old Mississippi State for the foreseeable future we are going to have to figure something out. I do my part
    He was responding to me. It is not baseball’s fault per se. it is just that our fans pour money into a sport that makes no money and treats football and basketball like red headed step children but then wonder why we do not have playmakers. Yet, will keep pouring money into a program that has not sniffed the tournament in two years and still has not used a damn NIL war chest that would rival some G5 football programs to find a closer.

vCash
    https://www.on3.com/transfer-portal/...tate-st-johns/

Amari Williams is down to us, St. John's and Kentucky. We will see if Jans can get this guy. We really need him, I've seen him play he is very skilled, can pass the ball like a gaurd, very good court vision, defense and can score around the basket. 6'10" 265.... I'd feel alot better if we can pull him

vCash
    https://www.on3.com/transfer-portal/...tate-st-johns/

Amari Williams is down to us, St. John's and Kentucky. We will see if Jans can get this guy. We really need him, I've seen him play he is very skilled, can pass the ball like a gaurd, very good court vision, defense and can score around the basket. 6'10" 265.... I'd feel alot better if we can pull him
    Kentucky, well crap... hopefully they have someone above him.

vCash
    Let's hope rivals is good at ranking basketball prospects... they have clary at the #10 overall transfer.

Warren is a 4-star on espn and rivals. On3 industry, rivals, and espn have him top 125; espn has him top 75.

Paymon is a 4-star on on3 and espn. On3 has him #103 nationally.

Nwoko was rated well as a HS last year. Maybe he has potential.

Gotta have more, but maybe some of these guys are gonna be ok