Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Men's Transfer Portal Targets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    My worry there is Clary only averaged 2.8 assist per game. Hubbard only averaged 1.7 apg..... neither are great playmakers. They are both scoring gaurds
    That is fine, we need scorers. To be honest, I am ok with neither guy giving the ball up too much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Figured as much. As much as I ripped him, I like his potential, so I'd love to have him back
    I would too. Murphy has NBA potential with his skill set and size. And to his defense was injured alot this season so that plays a part. I'd like to keep him around though
    Last edited by NCMSTFAN; 03-29-2024 at 04:35 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    That is fine, we need scorers. To be honest, I am ok with neither guy giving the ball up too much.
    Oh I'm with you there...dont get me wrong I like the pickup, just voicing my concerns... but the kid averaged 17 ppg and led his team in scoring in a really good conference so I will take him all day long.

Getting Cam back is even bigger now because believe it or not he led our team in assist, so he can to play that Point Forward role for us sometimes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Kanye Clary- 5?11 PG previously at Penn State just committed. 16.7 PPG last year. Splits are 46/38/81. Not going to lie, unless he is being brought in as a backup I am not understanding this. Hubbard is already out there at 5?10-5?11 and we are going to bring in another sub 6 ft guy.
    Need a good guard well over 6'0" in the mix. Worry about 5'10" & 5'11" on the court together against much taller opposition on both O & D.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Need a good guard well over 6'0" in the mix. Worry about 5'10" & 5'11" on the court together against much taller opposition on both O & D.
    Everyone has kinda already said that including myself. But on the positive side we have two proven scoring gaurds who both can go for 20 plus on any given night

vCash
    A rim protector could help offset guard size.

vCash
    A rim protector could help offset guard size.
    We just do not need another rim protector that is going to clog the lane on offense like Tolu. Cam’s only offense is cuts to the goals and driving when he gets a head full of steam.

vCash
    We just do not need another rim protector that is going to clog the lane on offense like Tolu. Cam’s only offense is cuts to the goals and driving when he gets a head full of steam.
    Everyone on the floor, even our bigs, should be able to hit an open 3 if left open. If you cant do that, then you better be great at most everything else

vCash
    Kugel committed to Kansas.

vCash
    I went to the portal. My goodness!
    Iowa State, Washington State, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Louisville will all have completely new teams next year. Rutgers and UCF aren't far behind.

vCash
    Any news on guys we losing/recruiting?

vCash
    Any news on guys we losing/recruiting?
    It will probably be quiet this week. Most coaches will be at the convention in Phoenix this weekend. I imagine everything will get kicked into overdrive next week. I would imagine that is when to expect news from Murphy, Moore, and any others we may lose.

vCash
    Some optimism now regarding Murphy coming back.

vCash

vCash
    Nice. Let's find a big now

vCash
    That is the big one to keep. You can get people to come play with him. Glad he ended any speculation

vCash
    It wouldn?t surprise me to see Hubbard average 20 a game next year.

vCash
    Hubbard returning is paramount to success next year. We would have been shit without him this year.

vCash
    Shakeel has entered the portal. Had to feel this was coming with Clary.

vCash
    Shakeel has entered the portal. Had to feel this was coming with Clary.
    On paper, this trade seems like an upgrade. What do you experts think?