Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
Look, I want us to win and excel as much as anyone. And my expectations are that if we aren't competing to host the we aren't successful. That being said, this isn't the SEC of Ron Polk where MSU cared and no one else did. Since UGA won the SEC's first CWS in 1990, a total of 7 SEC schools have won. Arkansas has been within 1 out of a win. And adding Texas and OK add two more championship teams to that list; and A&M, Tennessee and Auburn have all been to the CWS in the last half decade. Kentucky and Bama have both made Supers last year. That means we have exactly 1 team that hasn't shown they are able to build a winner - Missouri. As much as SEC football is a league where the margin of error is thin - SEC baseball has become that on steroids. I think this I going to be a season where this becomes abundantly clear - and teams 1-13 may be stacked up and all fall within 14-17 wins. Tennessee may, may be an exception to this - but I don't think anyone else runs away from the pack.
100% agree with all points! As good as the sec is in football the sec baseball has surpassed it big time in competitiveness and balance. It's literally dog eat dog every weekend. Anyone can sweep or anyone can get swept. It's awesome to watch so much good baseball so close to home!