Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
I guess I saw something different.
I saw an Aggie team with very talented young players, and pitchers, and all Schloss's recruits and transfers .

What I saw was a Lemonis team that even with a national championship, looks more on a decline that what I am seeing with these top SEC teams.
Does he really keep his job this season for being middle of the pack? He squandered opportunities to keep momentum the past 2 seasons.
Somehow he has lowered our expectations and excitement to something less than Omaha.

And this year, the praise goes to Parker, for turning things around with what he inherited. We do have good pitchers. But more that Parker has been the big reason we are competing.
I think our roster construction for this year is more about us having a lot of coaching changes between 2016-2019 which is when many of these juniors would have been recruited and Foxhall not being very good causing us to lose or not develop some pitchers. I think that hurt us in the portal some too.

But I don't think we're on a decline. We were 0-6 in the SEC at this point last year with one of the sweeps being to Kentucky in which we were run ruled at least once. (Yikes!)

I think we're in a soft rebuild essentially. About half of our starters are from the portal. Dohm, Stephen, Long/Powell, Larry, Kohler, and Hujsack. Our most talented players are our freshmen or sophomores right now. And those guys have a LOT of upside. I'm sure we'll lose Dakota Jordan to the draft so I'm not going to include him. But Loo, Loftin, Nolan Stevens, Logan Forsythe, Makhai Grant, Luke Dotson, Black maybe Highfill depending on how his rehab goes, Jackson McKenzie, Mershon, Dylan Cupp, Ethan Pulliam, Rives Reynolds, Spalitta, Chance plus whatever freshmen we bring in next year. I think we're in pretty good shape overall right now as far as the future is concerned. I think we're going to be in a position where we can go after the best available in the portal but at the same time don't have a ton of just glaring needs either other than maybe catcher. I could see us potentially keeping Tyson Hardin and Cam Schuelke for their senior years as well plus Pico should be 100% next year too.

I think we can make a SR this year or at worst a regional but in 2025 and 2026 we look like we potentially have some talented teams like we're used to.