Thread: Basketball roster

vCash

Basketball roster

Must keeps: Hubbard and cam

Would keep: jones, Murphy, chol, Moore

Incoming: Warren, Machot, paymon

Not sure about: fort, russell, Myers, Scott

How many do you think we target out of portal? Do any of you know how the "not sure about" group are progressing? This should be a really exciting offseason

vCash
    Hubb and Cam will be back and Shak is 50-50 right now.

Who knows about Murph. Don't care either way. Figure he gone tho.

Definitely think Scott and Fort are done.

Prob looking at 5 or 6 spots in the portal. We need to go after Murrell.

vCash
    It will all depend on who stays, who transfers out etc. We know Tolu, Davis, Bell are gone plus Andrew Taylor's position. I personally think Jaquan Scott will leave and wouldn't be surprised if Fort left. Shak and Cam are still in the air... Just a rough guess I think we target around 4 or 5 guys but honestly it's too early to tell.

vCash
    Hubbard, Cam, Jones and maybe Shak is a good starting point
    Last edited by MoreCowbell; 03-22-2024 at 12:13 AM.

vCash
    We need a big guy in the middle who won't get pushed around and who will go for the inside shot.

vCash
    Hubbard and Cam are not a bad start. We got to keep them. I think Chol is going to be really good but don't want to rely on him in the middle next year so you have to get someone from the portal. I don't know what to make of Shak. He shot the ball the best of his career and was actually our best percentage 3 pt shooter but he would pass up open shots and disappeared in some games. I would like to keep him but it wouldn't surprise me if he leaves for one more year somewhere else. Jones is a good guy to have off the bench and possibly start. Fort can shoot but Jans must not like his defense. Murphy makes my head hurt. He'll make a wow play and before you can fully appreciate it he will shoot an air ball 3 and throw the ball to the opponent. I'm not sure what they should do with him.
    I would like to keep Hubbard, Cam, Shak, Jones, and Chol. Maybe Murphy and Fort. Get a shooter and big man from the portal. Maybe we'll get really lucky and one of the freshmen turns out to be another Hubbard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    Hubbard and Cam are not a bad start. We got to keep them. I think Chol is going to be really good but don't want to rely on him in the middle next year so you have to get someone from the portal. I don't know what to make of Shak. He shot the ball the best of his career and was actually our best percentage 3 pt shooter but he would pass up open shots and disappeared in some games. I would like to keep him but it wouldn't surprise me if he leaves for one more year somewhere else. Jones is a good guy to have off the bench and possibly start. Fort can shoot but Jans must not like his defense. Murphy makes my head hurt. He'll make a wow play and before you can fully appreciate it he will shoot an air ball 3 and throw the ball to the opponent. I'm not sure what they should do with him.
    I would like to keep Hubbard, Cam, Shak, Jones, and Chol. Maybe Murphy and Fort. Get a shooter and big man from the portal. Maybe we'll get really lucky and one of the freshmen turns out to be another Hubbard.
    Shak can be a really important player for us next year. I hope he returns. I'm not sure what to make of Chol to be honest. Jones can play a role for sure and Hubbard and Cam are must. But there's no doubt we need at least 2 studs from the portal. Not two players, two studs.

vCash
    Warren having a bama offer is really encouraging to me bc they want shooters. If he's ready to play next year, having 2 shooters out there could be a difference maker

vCash
    a 30 min/gm murphy would be a star if he agrees to be coached

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoplectic View Post
    a 30 min/gm murphy would be a star if he agrees to be coached
    Will be surprised if he returns
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Warren having a bama offer is really encouraging to me bc they want shooters. If he's ready to play next year, having 2 shooters out there could be a difference maker
    Warren is going to be good. If you get a chance look up his highlights. Here is a game where he played against Bronny James

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tkpLNjPR_M
    Last edited by NCMSTFAN; 03-22-2024 at 08:57 PM.

vCash
    We'll be terrible next year but it won't be as big of a disappointment as this year because the expectations aren't going to be high and that's not a good thing.

I'm telling you now, next year is going to be tough. Jans better learn to recruit and quick but I doubt it's going to happen. Our brand of basketball just doesn't appeal to everyone.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    We need 3 starters from the portal. Going to be tough and expensive.

vCash
    Getting Murrell would be nice as he can shoot and I?m ready to pick off some of Old Miss?s players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TALL DAWG View Post
    Getting Murrell would be nice as he can shoot and I?m ready to pick off some of Old Miss?s players.
    Is Murrell in portal or looking? Yeah he'd be a good pickup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Is Murrell in portal or looking? Yeah he'd be a good pickup.
    He would be unbelievable with Hubbard. That would be a top flight scoring duo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    We'll be terrible next year but it won't be as big of a disappointment as this year because the expectations aren't going to be high and that's not a good thing.

I'm telling you now, next year is going to be tough. Jans better learn to recruit and quick but I doubt it's going to happen. Our brand of basketball just doesn't appeal to everyone.
    We won't be terrible next year, I can promise you that... let's be honest we made the tournament these past 2 years with Jans,...Howland only did it once in a thousand years. Once again I criticize Jans when needed but also have to give him praise... if he can get us a couple of scorers to go along with Hubbard, Cam, possibly Shak and Jones, Murphy.. we will win basketball games and make the tournament again. Who else can we hire at this point???

vCash
    thought this was about the roster