Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Well the SEC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Not at Cal’s level. I mean are you seriously trying to compare a consensus top 5 recruiter in Cal to a top 40 recruiter in Howland?
    Do you really think cal is gonna pull top 5 classes in Starkville? Seriously?

vCash
    Players are not coming for the school. They come for Cal. They could care less what the name on the front of the jersey says.
    LOL ... Ok.

I guess KY doesn't do well recruiting otherwise.

He's at one of the 3 Premier Programs in the country and last 6 NCAA tourney results there is one Sweet 16 and one Elite 8. And his one and done philosophy requires a team full of McDonald's All-Americans.

vCash
    Coming to UK because of Cal?
    Really Clark? They go to UK because of the $.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TALL DAWG View Post
    Coming to UK because of Cal?
    Really Clark? They go to UK because of the $.
    And you guys act like Cal does not have traveling bag men. It is the same guys as it was at Memphis and UMASS. The only thing that changes is the school.

vCash
    I think cal is an excellent recruiter, I don't think he would come close to what he gets at UK though. The problem with that is Cal's tourney appearances look like ours in the last 5 years. Cal with less talent wouldn't get better results here imo

vCash
    Cal is like Saban, he has to have superior talent to win. He is not going to out coach someone, he wins because he has much better players.

vCash
    Players are not coming for the school. They come for Cal. They could care less what the name on the front of the jersey says.
    They come for money. Ask Nick Saban.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Tenn is going to the final 4
    Probably not. Maybe Sweet 16.

vCash
    Bloody Thursday for sec basketball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Bloody Thursday for sec basketball
    And so far not a good day to be a 6 seed. And the screwover of the Tourney goes to the ref in the Kansas Samford game who called a clean block a foul in the final 30 seconds of the game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    And so far not a good day to be a 6 seed. And the screwover of the Tourney goes to the ref in the Kansas Samford game who called a clean block a foul in the final 30 seconds of the game
    Yeah 6 seeds have had it rough today. Yeah that foul call against samford was awful, but we all know which teams get calls when it really counts.

vCash
    I have fussed at times about Jans "D" first strategy and our sometimes hard to watch "O", but the KY games that I saw including in person against us, KY players didn't seem to care to play any "D". Gave up 79.7 ppg in regular season I think.

vCash
    I could care less. Cal can recruit. I do not want this to be a knock on Jans. It is a testament to how good Cal is.
    Ever thought it's bc he's at kentucky. A top 5 job?? He wouldn't recruit like that here. Maybe better than Jan's bc of name. But he's done a shitty job. No excuse for those results there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Do you really think cal is gonna pull top 5 classes in Starkville? Seriously?
    No point in even trying....

vCash
    So let me get this straight, cal recruits like a Greek God and can't get past the first weekend at uk. Jans doesn't recruit great and gets the same result here. Hmmm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Ever thought it's bc he's at kentucky. A top 5 job?? He wouldn't recruit like that here. Maybe better than Jan's bc of name. But he's done a shitty job. No excuse for those results there.
    Cal is right down there with Pearl, Freeze and many others. Every program he has led has been put on probation. See MA, Memphis and even KY, I think.

vCash
    So let me get this straight, cal recruits like a Greek God and can't get past the first weekend at uk. Jans doesn't recruit great and gets the same result here. Hmmm
    Yes things that make you go hmmmm!

vCash
    Cal's biggest issue is he is not a great floor coach. Has never been. You can see all the games that this comes back to bite him. However, with the way he recruits, you have to take a chance that he will hire a great up and coming asst. Reason being is that there are not that many great floor coaches out there.

Now at the end of the day, none of this matters. Cal is not going to be fired at UK because their boosters with a brain, and there are only two or three, know if they fire him they will not be able to get a coach that their fan base would be happy with.

vCash
    Florida and Auburn both lose to double-digit seeds. The SEC was overrated this year, sadly.

vCash
    WOW. I had Auburn beating UConn. SEC suuuucks