Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Final Hoops thoughts.......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    It’s fine to trash them when they deserve it. They are big boys. It’s okay to call a dumbass a dumbass. So I can live with Tolu being called soft. But when has he deserved to be called a son of a bitch.
    Agree. No place for that here. Our players lay it on the line for Maroon and White. Tolu did for sure.

vCash
    You can like Tolu or not. Maybe he underachieved. But I don?t like calling a guy that played for us, and seemed to stay out of trouble, a son of a bitch. That?s my opinion, and many on here won?t agree, which is fine. You can call him soft, because at times he was soft. You can call a player lazy, if at times they are in fact lazy. You can call a player an idiot if they act like an idiot. But I can?t think of a time that Tolu was, or acted like, a son of bitch.
    Rep given.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I agree on Tolu for sure.
    Near as I can tell he's a class act for the most part. Doesn't complain or cause trouble and plays team ball. I like the guy. Just wish he was more powerful down low and would play above the rim more than he does.
    My grad school son, my baseball/basketball/football season ticket holder friend and I met Tolu and his parents at "Applebee's" after a tough SEC game in January. Class acts all around. I think he has been hurt to some degree the last couple of weeks, JMO. His game is what it is and many coaches seem to have figured that out. Time to rebuild for 2025.

vCash
    You can like Tolu or not. Maybe he underachieved. But I don’t like calling a guy that played for us, and seemed to stay out of trouble, a son of a bitch. That’s my opinion, and many on here won’t agree, which is fine. You can call him soft, because at times he was soft. You can call a player lazy, if at times they are in fact lazy. You can call a player an idiot if they act like an idiot. But I can’t think of a time that Tolu was, or acted like, a son of bitch.
    Thanks for saying this. I planned on addressing it myself. Some of our fans are very ignorant. I understand being disappointed in how we lost and all of that but there is no need to call the kid a son of a bitch. At the end of the day it's just basketball so there's no need to be disrespectful

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Bye Tolu, you soft SOB. He was our biggest weakness down the stretch. Every run we made down the stretch was with that guy on the bench. He should have been benched due to turnovers and no defense, but I guess Jans felt obligated to play our "All American". What a liability...so glad he's gone.

Jans is a great coach, but he mishandled Tolu. Should have benched him. But we need to extend Jans and try to surround Hubbard with talent.

Mathews is really good, but he can't get in early foul trouble and he has to know that. It hurt today.

We need more offense. Shut Hubbard down and we are toast. Bc again, Tolu sucks.

Disappointing end to a very fun season. Leaves a bad taste. I hated the matchup from the start. Hate that we were never even in the game, no runs, no hope. Very deflating.

On to baseball. Praying we are better than I think we are.
    Your ignorant as hell for this post. You actually made a few good points but why be so disrespectful towards a kid who bleeds maroon and white and tried his hardest!? There's nothing wrong with criticism but you are just being ignorant. He is still a bulldog who loves MSU.. learn to be more respectful at the end of the day it's just a game

vCash
    Dear Lord we have some sissies on this board. We had just lost and I was using SOB like someone would say "that bastard won't stop turning it over"....I wasn't implying he was an asshole or his mom was a bitch. My goodness when did we get so much estrogen on this board. I'm sorry that I hurt yalls little feelings by calling a 7 footer that lays the ball up instead of dunking it a soft SOB. Y'all are some soft SOB's too apparently. Go coddle your sons and quit taking a message board post so damn serious. My goodness. It ain't that serious, ladies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    Your ignorant as hell for this post. You actually made a few good points but why be so disrespectful towards a kid who bleeds maroon and white and tried his hardest!? There's nothing wrong with criticism but you are just being ignorant. He is still a bulldog who loves MSU.. learn to be more respectful at the end of the day it's just a game
    And this is just a message board.

vCash
    I'm sorry, Next time I will say "Son of a Gun!"

Better yet, I'll stop posting. Don't need 15 Gene Swindoll's sending me PM's bc I hurt their feelings with an "SOB" comment.

vCash
    And this is just a message board.

Lots of pussies on this board. It’s ****** central
    This board needs more vagisil ads

vCash
    I'm sorry, Next time I will say "Son of a Gun!"

Better yet, I'll stop posting. Don't need 15 Gene Swindoll's sending me PM's bc I hurt their feelings with an "SOB" comment.
    Don't stop posting CD. The board is better when you're around.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Dear Lord we have some sissies on this board. We had just lost and I was using SOB like someone would say "that bastard won't stop turning it over"....I wasn't implying he was an asshole or his mom was a bitch. My goodness when did we get so much estrogen on this board. I'm sorry that I hurt yalls little feelings by calling a 7 footer that lays the ball up instead of dunking it a soft SOB. Y'all are some soft SOB's too apparently. Go coddle your sons and quit taking a message board post so damn serious. My goodness. It ain't that serious, ladies
    And here is the other thing, THEY'RE BEING PAID(quite well in Tolu's case). At the end of the day, fair or not, that makes them open to criticism. And all kinds of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    And here is the other thing, THEY'RE BEING PAID(quite well in Tolu's case). At the end of the day, fair or not, that makes them open to criticism. And all kinds of it.
    Lol this makes no sense at all! Criticism is one thing but disrespect is another. I'm sure most of the posters on this board are well over 40, some well into their 60's or better.. a bunch of grown men calling a 22 year old College basketball player a son of a bitch all because he's had bad games?! Get out of here with that nonsense... Im with you on criticism but not disrespect and just because players get paid doesn't warrant disrespect.

vCash
    Well Robbie Faulk had a good taje on the game and season on his YT Channel. Never knew he had one but its called Maroon and White. No obnoxious 4 min long infomercials or bookselling either.

https://youtu.be/iGyXLH8WLnE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    Lots of pussies on this board. It’s ****** central
    This board needs more vagisil ads
    Lol ok tough guy.. some of you "fans" need to grow the hell up and stop with the tough guy act. It's easy to sit behind a keyboard and act that way but none of you really are I guarantee it

vCash
    This thread is clear that we have some soft sons of bitches as fans too. Rep given Cadaver.
    Last edited by mparkerfd20; 03-22-2024 at 01:37 PM.

vCash
    Yall need to chill out. Way over reaction on here. I've over reacted on here at times too; it happens but if you get called out for out of line just admit it and move on. You can still keep the critique of issues and be fine.

You can be disappointed in team, players performances but disrespect should be no part of our decorum. That is what is wrong with our culture now. No respect for anyone if they disagree with you. Lot of childish actions.