Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: MSU vs MSU Game thread.

vCash
    That's due to 1 person and his name is Josh Hubbard. If we didn't have him we would be in the same exact spot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    That's due to 1 person and his name is Josh Hubbard. If we didn't have him we would be in the same exact spot
    Cool, who signed em?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Nothing says I wanna keep a coach like he's a problem in half the game. He's shown real progress on offense this season...

2023 Kenpom off - 176th
    2024 kenpom off - 60th
    Some need to quit being so emotional and calm TF down. We got a good, young coach. We need to exercise some patience while he grows more into being a really good HC. He doesn't impress me as someone who ain't gonna try to always get better. And he's pretty decent now.

Today Jans went up against probably the current active best NCAA tournament coach there is. There is one team in SEC that could have "maybe" won today and that is AU. Every other SEC team would've been smoked too.

vCash
    Jans only because ole miss fired kirby. Not sure why you think this is some gotcha. Stick to talking about baseball because you have no idea about basketball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Some need to quit being so emotional and calm TF down. We got a good, young coach. We need to exercise some patience while he grows more into being a really good HC. He doesn't impress me as someone who ain't gonna try to always get better. And he's pretty decent now.

Today Jans went up against probably the current active best NCAA tournament coach there is. There is one team in SEC that could have "maybe" won today and that is AU. Every other SEC team would've been smoked too.
    I guess I'm just getting older, but I don't flip out too much anymore. The metrics were clear who the better team was entering this game, so I knew it would be an uphill battle. We lost, but I can still appreciate a good season. I hope jans is here the next decade

vCash
    We played terrible today, but y?all are insane if you?re hating on Jans right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    Jans only because ole miss fired kirby. Not sure why you think this is some gotcha. Stick to talking about baseball because you have no idea about basketball.
    Man, it pains you to give Jans credit for getting him, doesn't it? Hubbard shows 13 offers out of HS... didn't realize it was just us and OM, basketball guru.

vCash
    I guess I'm just getting older, but I don't flip out too much anymore. The metrics were clear who the better team was entering this game, so I knew it would be an uphill battle. We lost, but I can still appreciate a good season. I hope jans is here the next decade
    You were responding to someone else and I was adding to your response. I wasn't contradicting you. You good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    We played terrible today, but y?all are insane if you?re hating on Jans right now.
    You realize he's a basketball genius, right? Stick to something else and don't call out stupid posts by him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    You were responding to someone else and I was adding to your response. I wasn't contradicting you. You good.
    I know. Just saying I used to be the one taking this nonsense in here

vCash
    I want Jans to succeed but you have your head in the sand. He had a terrible offense at NMSU and he has a terrible offense here. He's brought one offensive player to his team in2 years and that's Hubbard. That should be frightening to anyone to see.

vCash
    I know. Just saying I used to be the one taking this nonsense in here
    In hoops our fans think we need to be KY. In football ... Bama.

You right on metrics but metrics would have to be pretty far apart for me to bet against Izzo in early rounds of Big Dance. In fact I'm betting on Izzo Saturday ... Even tho it's a UNC home game

vCash
    It is ok to be concerned about Jans and his offense, or lack there of. However, I do not really know what some of yall want. Stansbury was fired because we lost games we were not supposed to, Ray was fired well….I think we know that one, Howland was fired because he did not get to the tournament enough, and know we got people wanting to fire Jans because although he has been to the tournament his first two years he did not win.

The main crux of this whole issue is some of our fans want to act like we are a blue blood in basketball when we are most assuredly not. We have made it past the first weekend TWICE, 2 times, in the modern tourney era. That is not a blue blood.

vCash
    I think it's just much better guards on their side.
    you win in the Big dance with guards and defense.. That is why Izzo wins. His guard is top 5 in country. Our best guard scored 2 points in second half and got abused on defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Yep. It was just a bad game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    you win in the Big dance with guards and defense.. That is why Izzo wins. His guard is top 5 in country. Our best guard scored 2 points in second half and got abused on defense.
    This is 100% correct. I've said it for years you win with guards and we only had 1 true consistent guard and thats Hubbard.