Thread: I really really like this baseball team

Banned
    vCash

I really really like this baseball team

They are so gritty. Holcomb getting going is HUGE! Forsythe has got to pitch more. He?s the real deal. It?s really hard to win on the road in the sec. Especially against a top 10 team like aTm. So win 1 this weekend and we are ok. I hope our fans don?t freak if we lose the series or even get swept. Like I said. Winning on the road in the sec is rough. Relax and enjoy the season. We have a good baseball team again like it?s supposed to be. And it?s FUN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    They are so gritty. Holcomb getting going is HUGE! Forsythe has got to pitch more. He?s the real deal. It?s really hard to win on the road in the sec. Especially against a top 10 team like aTm. So win 1 this weekend and we are ok. I hope our fans don?t freak if we lose the series or even get swept. Like I said. Winning on the road in the sec is rough. Relax and enjoy the season. We have a good baseball team again like it?s supposed to be. And it?s FUN!!!
    I agree with your post and know what you mean. I must say a few qualifying things.

One, everyone likes team when we win but it also matters how we look doing it and even how we look when we lose. We lost 8-9 Sat but looked pretty good doing it.

Go 1-2 this weekend and look still good doing it and nothing changes for me. Go 0-3 or 1-2 and look really bad or get run ruled and no one is feeling as good. Now I don't see that happening. I think I've seen enough to see what we are made of and we got talent, grit, toughness and our MSU moxey back. Teams gotta come to play to beat this bunch.

vCash
    Well, I'm not from Missouri, but I have stayed near there a time or 3, so.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I agree with your post and know what you mean. I must say a few qualifying things.

One, everyone likes team when we win but it also matters how we look doing it and even how we look when we lose. We lost 8-9 Sat but looked pretty good doing it.

Go 1-2 this weekend and look still good doing it and nothing changes for me. Go 0-3 or 1-2 and look really bad or get run ruled and no one is feeling as good. Now I don't see that happening. I think I've seen enough to see what we are made of and we got talent, grit, toughness and our MSU moxey back. Teams gotta come to play to beat this bunch.
    Excellent post and I agree 100%

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Well, I'm not from Missouri, but I have stayed near there a time or 3, so.....
    I agree. It is too early to to get too optimistic. Too muck can happen.

vCash
    Well said, Preach.

vCash
    Some folks here have said State fans are the dumbest there are when it comes to baseball. I don?t believe that. I think we have some of the smartest. What gets posted here and elsewhere leaks its way back to certain ears within the team?s circle. It filters to players. It affects attitudes which affects games. State is a blue-blood baseball school. When you damn near sweep the #2 defending national champion? Blue-blood. When you make Omaha so regular that no is surprised you?re there? Blue-blood. I?ve been a huge critic of Lemonis, but I?m curious about this team and excited. We?re seeings things that we havent seen since the ?21 Natty team. Characters and leaders are emerging. This team is exactly was others here have said? FUN!!!

?Josie?s on a vacation faw away??

Time to put some Dawg in?em
    Hail State
    pardon my rambling, I?ve had 4 bourbons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDawg View Post
    Some folks here have said State fans are the dumbest there are when it comes to baseball. I don?t believe that. I think we have some of the smartest. What gets posted here and elsewhere leaks its way back to certain ears within the team?s circle. It filters to players. It affects attitudes which affects games. State is a blue-blood baseball school. When you damn near sweep the #2 defending national champion? Blue-blood. When you make Omaha so regular that no is surprised you?re there? Blue-blood. I?ve been a huge critic of Lemonis, but I?m curious about this team and excited. We?re seeings things that we havent seen since the ?21 Natty team. Characters and leaders are emerging. This team is exactly was others here have said? FUN!!!

?Josie?s on a vacation faw away??

Time to put some Dawg in?em
    Hail State
    pardon my rambling, I?ve had 4 bourbons.
    State Baseball players, State baseball parents, former State baseball players, baseball coaches, HS baseball players, little league coaches, and everyday State fans read Elitedawgs. Its one of the best
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Will all the baseball players and parents reading this board please stand up?

Thank you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    State Baseball players, State baseball parents, former State baseball players, baseball coaches, HS baseball players, little league coaches, and everyday State fans read Elitedawgs. Its one of the best
    I would love nothing more than to stroke your ego when we walk into the stadium in Omaha. They have the balls to do it. Totally different attitude than the last two years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPMT View Post
    I would love nothing more than to stroke your ego when we walk into the stadium in Omaha. They have the balls to do it. Totally different attitude than the last two years.
    We are playing hard/pitching fairly well and playing defense. Let's get in a Regional and see what happens
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We are playing hard/pitching fairly well and playing defense. Let's get in a Regional and see what happens
    I know it's still early but the part that gives me the most hope is how hard and intense we're playing. A lot of folks probably don't notice the little things that make a difference between winning and losing and in baseball little things are huge. Here's just a few example: in the inning when we run ruled lsu, on back to back abs, Hujsak and Downs both beat out infield grown balls because as soon as the made contact they were head down busting their butts to first and not loafing because they hit ground balls. If they're not head down hustling from the first step thats 2 outs and inning over. Who know what can happen at that point. Against memphis tuesday night. Johnny Long 2 strikes and 2 outs, runners on second and third. Johnny chokes up and just punches a good into the ground toward first but nobody covers and he beats it out and run scores and the inning continues. Also, I've noticed Hujsak, Downs and Long especially choke up and shorten up with 2 strikes. You hardly ever see that in baseball anymore, but it's allowed them to put balls in play and get hits and drive in runs instead of taking a big swing and k ing. It's a team approach we're seeing now and everyone just doing their job and playing hard. There's many more examples of this kind of baseball this year, but due to brevity just wanted to show a few. You don't have to be beasts to succeed in baseball, just have to be where the sum is greater than the parts, and that's the kind of baseball i love watching because its fun! Add all these thing to good pitching and great defense and you've got the makings of a great team. THis is fun!