Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
I don't think anyone is saying just making the post season is the normal bar for MSU. For 3 years, normal must be adjusted down for this year to climb out of the hole we are in. Can't expect us to make all the ground up in one year. We should be solid in post season regional this year and build to shoot for super next year. If we keep improving, yeah a super or regional host looks possible this year.

If any program can go from so bad to hosting regional, MSU is one of them. Just being reasonable, we are a two year climb up from the bottom of pit because that is where we have been.
"Can't expect us to make all the ground up in one year."

Why not? The same coach tore down the program "in one year" that you want to give multiple years to fix a problem you say cannot be fixed in one year.
But, this is year 2 of the fix. I think 2 years in the portal era is more than enough. So the question that everybody seems to be pondering, "Is showing improvement by making the SEC tourney, and by default (most years) making the Tourney regardless of Seed or where State gets to play in the Regional,
Enough? Looks to be a fairly even split on yay or nay. I guess how the team performs in the tourney could sway people on either side. So let's see if the team continues to look like a tourney team under Lemonis over the next few weekends. Both sides should be amenable to that.