Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A LSU fan's perspective. I stole this from the rant. Some good statistics here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    We got real weapons with Jordan and Hines back to back. You gonna have to pitch to one of them. Hines had 3 HR on weekend. Just not good answer. Not many teams can line that up. We are talented all over the field. We flat looked like an Omaha team this weekend. We ain't there yet but I can at least see it now. We've sent worse teams to Omaha.
    We're starting to get our scrappiness and swag back. We've got some real ballers this year. Need to build on this weekend but love what I saw.

vCash
    A few things......

#1: I would have sent Larry home 100% of the time with 2 outs in that situation. As the IB used to say, force the fielders to make the play. Unfortunately they did.

#2: The nuts dropped for Aaron Downs and Nolan Stevens this weekend. Several Dawgs had a great weekend but those two really stepped up and looked good.

#3: To give some credit to the other side, Tommy Tanks still looks like Tommy Tanks but you may can start adding Tommy Leather too. Dude made some incredible plays at 3rd that he wouldn't have had a chance of making last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    A few things......

#1: I would have sent Larry home 100% of the time with 2 outs in that situation. As the IB used to say, force the fielders to make the play. Unfortunately they did.

#2: The nuts dropped for Aaron Downs and Nolan Stevens this weekend. Several Dawgs had a great weekend but those two really stepped up and looked good.

#3: To give some credit to the other side, Tommy Tanks still looks like Tommy Tanks but you may can start adding Tommy Leather too. Dude made some incredible plays at 3rd that he wouldn't have had a chance of making last year.
    Great minds think alike and all that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Ok so instead of beating them 15-5, we beat them 9-5 with a lower ave 2 out hitting. Just narrative spin on how bad we beat them by LSU.
    Yep. You are correct. Every series something will bounce your way, and something won't. In this series our 2-out hitting was extraordinary to a point that it won't stay like that for the year. However, we only got 5.0 combined innings pitched (giving up 8 earned runs) from our Game 1 and Game 2 starters. That also won't stay like that for the year. So it tends to even out. The bottom line is that we won 2 out of 3. And we did it without Dohm (our #1 starter), Auger (our closer), Holcombe (great stuff but needs to work out kinks), and Loftin (SEC weekend starter stuff that needs to work out kinks). The LSU guy doesn't mention that.

We have holes. Everyone does. We need Kohler to get some extra base hits. We need Chance/Downs/Stevens to hit in leftfield (they have done so lately). We need Long/Powell to hit enough in the 8 or 9-hole. We need Dohm healthy. We just won 2 of 3, and I think we can still improve a good bit. This team has potential if they keep working and improving.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    He has a good point on sustainability. It's very unlikely (basically impossible) that we hit over .400 with 2 outs. I do think we have improved immensely though, so hopefully we keep finding ways to win
    I'm glad we got lucky on LSU, it seems they always get lucky on MSU.

In game-2, the LSU throw to the plate was a dropped ball. The LSU kid was fishing a ball under Amani Larry. LSU got super lucky that no camera angle could prove what was obviously the case.

Also, Tommy White looked like a Hall of Fame 3B-man this weekend. He is usually good for 2 errors. That was lucky for them, bad for MSU.