Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No new Twitter Nostradumbasses calling/predicting Lemon's firing?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    At least we don't have to put up with Rocky for at least a week
    I could give a rip about intramurals. But I think that Selmon should extend Lemonis to a lifetime contract so yall will stop bitching about him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Ya know...choosing to just enjoy things without trolling folks is always an option, lol.
    Also, what is the troll? If you completely suck, people are going to want you gone. If you win, they will want you to keep coaching. Not rocket science.

vCash
    I fully expect to get swept this weekend after everyone is all excited for baseball again

vCash
    To me if anything, it is more a reflection of Parker and what he has done so far with the pitching staff, and not Lemonis.
    Our pitchers putting up zeros in the run column, take pressure off our hitters also.

The more we succeed this year, to me, the more Parker seems to be the guy.
    I have not posted on here before now either way about Lemonis. But all we can say right now is he finally had to pull the trigger and hire a good pitching coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    lol- I've bookmarked the threads. Should be a fun Spring
    Oh wow, you bookmarked them?! Dang, you are so awesome!!!! Wow, a bookmark!

You didn't bookmark the one where I prayed for your very life (and soul), but you bookmarked one where I MIGHT be wrong about something that really just doesn't matter in life. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, I just won't care that much. I'll say "I was wrong", I will have been glad to be wrong btw, and I'll move on. Meanwhile, you'll be reveling in it. I mean, if this is what makes your Spring "fun", then maybe you should reevaluate your priorities in life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    But he don?t own 19 and 21? Got it

Geez
    Didn't say that.

Geez.

vCash
    Amazing that has gone away. I wonder why?
    I cannot really blame them. It?s just one weekend but we are going in the right direction. We will see this weekend if it was a fluke weekend or this team has turned the corner.

vCash
    Amazing that has gone away. I wonder why?
    If he wins, he stays. If he loses, he?s gone. Lot of season left to play to be thumping your chest. We had a crappy midweek but a great weekend. I hope we have a lot more weekends like it. Hopefully Hines is heating up for sec play too.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Lemonis has sucked ass for 2 years and didn’t start well this year. Not sure what this is all about but it’s definitely not a flex. Hopefully we win some more and he keeps us on track. He’s deserved every bit of criticism and wanting his ass fired for the last 2 years though. Not sure why anyone would think otherwise.

vCash
    If we actually got real confidence back against LSU, we will be fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Pitching and defense are an absolute must for consistently winning in baseball. It is literally an arms race. A college head coach told me one time about never having to much pitching, "you'll never hear a coach say we lost because we didn't have enough left fielders, lol".
    Exactly. I like what Cohen said one time. He said you really need at least 7 reliable pitchers. 3 weekend starters, a midweek/swing starter, a closer, a set-up guy and a relief ace. That's probably a minimum and with the potential for injuries you really can't have enough pitching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    To me if anything, it is more a reflection of Parker and what he has done so far with the pitching staff, and not Lemonis.
    Our pitchers putting up zeros in the run column, take pressure off our hitters also.

The more we succeed this year, to me, the more Parker seems to be the guy.
    I have not posted on here before now either way about Lemonis. But all we can say right now is he finally had to pull the trigger and hire a good pitching coach.
    Parker has made a HUGE difference. But the reality is our offense right now is 5th in the SEC in batting average and 6th in runs scored. We're still 13th in slugging percentage but I think that is going to improve as the year goes along. We've had some rough games on offense but relative to the rest of the SEC we're better than most other than in home runs.

Also regarding Parker I was hoping for an ERA of at least 5.00. Right now we sit at 6th in the SEC tied with LSU in ERA at 3.85. Which is likely a bit skewed by some clunkers when Stephen pitched and had bad games and the Austin Peay meltdown.

And on defense we are fourth in the SEC in fielding percentage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    I fully expect to get swept this weekend after everyone is all excited for baseball again
    It's possible. A&M has a staff ERA under 3 and they have 6 shutouts as a staff on the season already. They also have two absolutely elite hitters that can take over a game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Exactly. I like what Cohen said one time. He said you really need at least 7 reliable pitchers. 3 weekend starters, a midweek/swing starter, a closer, a set-up guy and a relief ace. That's probably a minimum and with the potential for injuries you really can't have enough pitching.
    Yeah every time you think you have plenty of arms something happens and then you don't! Can never have enough arms!

vCash
    Yeah every time you think you have plenty of arms something happens and then you don't! Can never have enough arms!
    I wish the Cardinals GM would learn that. UGH.

vCash
    I can only remember 1 time that MSU had more than 7 reliable arms. That was 2016, with 2013 being about as good. Then half the staff got TJ'ed before the 2017 season could even start.

(1) Graveman (2) Girodo (3) Ross Mitchell (4) Holder (5) Bracewell <when healthy> (6) Cox (7) Fitts
    ------ Scary Ride Level ----
    (8) Evan Mitchell (9) Pollorena (10) Lindgren (11) V Tatum

This was dead bat time, so even decent guys with +4 ERA where liabilities, like +7 ERAs today.

Even in 2016, that had the best starting Corp in recent memory, the Bullpen was not the best. Humphries closing was stressful as hell.

(1) D. Hudson (2) Sexton (3) Houston (4) D. Brown (5) Pilk (6) Rigby (7) B Smith (8) K James
    ----- Scary Ride Level -----
    (9) Humphries, (10) Cyr (11) Hughes (pre-injury much better) (12) Breaux (pre-injury much better)