Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
Seems to me as if we're following Gautreau's career pattern. And really the issue was more hitting for extra base hits rather than hitting in and of itself. We've been around the middle of the pack in batting average all year. But we've also been last or near the bottom in slugging percentage. With Hines struggling so badly with power and Kohler getting injured I figured it was probably an aberration. Although our approach in pre SEC play was garbage.

To me, my concern is figuring out the pitching staff. Where does Dohm go when he comes back and how durable will he be? Does Khal Stephen's pitching style work in the SEC? We have Loo in the right spot. We need to get Auger in against Memphis to get him some work. Also, we know that Loftin, Ligdon, and even Holcombe can maybe potentially help us out in SEC play. How soon can we get Loftin in the rotation and how durable will he be? Are we better off moving Dohm back to the bullpen and then who replaces him? Where does Nolan Stevens fit in and how do we maximize his ability as a pitcher as well as a hitter? It's been awhile since we have had a true dual position player like him.

It also sounds like Pico Kohn will be available this week too.

We may very well lose the series to A&M just because of pitching uncertainty while we're trying to figure everything out plus their pitching staff is much better than LSU. And it's on the road.

Also, I think as far as hitting goes we need to let Cupp sit for now. Mershon and Larry are handling the MIF fine for now. And opening up the DH spot gives us a chance to get Stevens in the lineup more. Downs and Chance are both playing pretty well too although Downs has to stay in right now. And I kind of hate saying that because I really enjoy watching Cupp play SS.
Very true. Sitting Cupp allows a better bat in the lineup by playing Chance/Downs/Stevens at DH. And Stephen has to start on the mound right now. But if Dohm, Loftin, Ligdon, Holcombe, and/or Stevens progress, then Stephen might soon get pushed out.