I have now been on this planet for 50 years. As I have approached this age the last few weeks it has caused some serious thinking on my part. I know I won't see 100 so I've already lived the majority of my life. Did that hit home for the rest of you when you realized that fact? I'm not sure I would characterize this as a midlife crisis as I have no desire to buy a sports car and go try to have an affair with somebody half my age. But it has gotten me to wondering have I made a difference. Have I done anything to make this world a better place than when I entered it? Have I done anything to cause anybody to remember when I'm nothing but a memory? I'm not sure that I have and that bothers me. I think we were all put on this planet to make a difference.

I know what I want to do to make a difference and that is that tower cam project my team is working on. I know if we can make that a reality it will end up saving lives. I have busted my *** for several months now trying to get it going and every time I think I make a step forward it always seems to end in another road block and it's frustrating as hell but I refuse to give up. This is not another post for me asking for donations for our non-profit. This is a post asking if any of you have any connections to somebody down in Jackson or with CSpire, tell them I would badly like to request 10 minutes of their time. If any of you have any experience in applying for grants let me know. If we can't get anything done legislatively, we will try to fund this privately through our non-profit by a hopeful combination of grants and corporate sponsorship with individual donations funding our smaller programs we're doing like our weather radio giveaway and disaster relief supplies.

I know lately I've bugged the hell out of everybody with my posts on this, and I hate doing it, but the events of March 24, 2023 changed me forever. Thinking back to what I saw that night still sometimes causes me to break down. I know there is nothing I can do to prevent tornadoes from happening and hitting communities. But I can try everything in my power to keep as many people safe when they do happen and try to help them recover after it's over. So if any of you have any kind of connections you'd be willing to use for the crazy storm chaser you've never met, I would be appreciative to levels beyond your comprehension. Sixpack and Elite came through unbelievably last year when I asked for medical supplies. Those now go out with me and another chaser every time we go out.