Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: LSU game 2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We are solid and this team competes. I can live with that
    Yeah it's a different team this year. Way more scrappy and hard

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    That blown strike 3 call that resulted in a walk before Travinski's homer was big.
    Yep and the real bugger is he missed it 3 times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Regardless, I am proud of both Men's programs today. The softball team is what we expected. A paper Tiger.
    We balled out today but may end up 0-4; not so fast on the women. They have beat a lot of good teams this year; let it play out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I'll tell you what if LSU is #2 we are a top 15-20 team for sure then.
    I agree we've stood toe to toe with em, and even if we los tonight we can still win the series

vCash
    Caribbean Jerk is the best Sunday SP in the conference. We need to show up, play well, and take the series
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Tom may be a 21-20 game. I don’t think LSU has much pitching left. They threw their midweek guy there at the end…

On a side note, Tommy Tanks is a bitch…

vCash
    The war continues tomorrow. Gotta love this team; they come ready to throw down. We absolutely can take this series.

vCash
    Weird mix of being pleased to see some fight out of this team today but also frustration as it feels like a game we couldve won even after watching the Scott Foxhall special the first few innings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgFromOxford View Post
    Weird mix of being pleased to see some fight out of this team today but also frustration as it feels like a game we couldve won even after watching the Scott Foxhall special the first few innings
    We are still a pitching staff in progress. Got to figure out the pieces
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    and I'm thinking the Saturday SPer may be the next piece to play with.

vCash
    Right. It's Parker's first year and we've still have some unknowns but he's starting to figure out who goes where. Like Scheulke he's starting to use him in a perfect role as a matchup type guy. One thing about it he's instilled some toughness in this staff. They ain't scare of no one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    The war continues tomorrow. Gotta love this team; they come ready to throw down. We absolutely can take this series.
    Amen to this! Well said!

vCash
    Until dohm returns and Stephen has a good sec outing, I won't get too excited.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgFromOxford View Post
    You're correct we were a hit away several times, but there will be games like this that go our way too. The key is that they didn't give up down 9-1 last the last 2 seasons would have. I don't think this LSU team is very good but the fight and grit is what I'm excited about.

i said before the series that 1) you can't learn anything good from a weak non-con, and 2) that we needed to see 2 weekends of SEC ball to really know what the team is. I stand by that. Win or get blown out tomorrow, we need 3 more SEC games to begin to know how we stack up.

PS this TN Bama game is worth watching. Both of them are showing way more intensity than LSU has.... again I'm not sure what to make of LSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Exactly. Pitcher have good outing and bad ones, need to see another weekend of play to get a true feel for them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah it's a different team this year. Way more scrappy and hard
    This is MSU Baseball!!!!! This looks like a different team than a couple of weeks ago. I have really enjoyed these two games. Fun team to watch. They are pounding the strike zone. Situational hitting!! (Crazy). Scrappy.
    I like this. We have proven in two games that we are as good as LSU. I'm pleasantly surprised.

vCash
    Pitching wise, our goal would be to get Dohm back healthy, Holcombe straightened out, Loftin healthy, and everyone shows consistent improvement. But Loftin and Holcombe both have the talent to really make a difference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    It's ok to be excited. That's what sports are about, excitement and fun!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    This is MSU Baseball!!!!! This looks like a different team than a couple of weeks ago. I have really enjoyed these two games. Fun team to watch. They are pounding the strike zone. Situational hitting!! (Crazy). Scrappy.
    I like this. We have proven in two games that we are as good as LSU. I'm pleasantly surprised.
    Yeah we're becoming fun to watch. Just so much more energy and fire. Ballers. Did you notice the faces in the dugout after watching lsu celebrate after the game? Every single player was watching them and the looks and body language was saying we got some more for yall tomorrow! Wasn't any heads hanging or players bailing to the locker room.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    It's ok to be excited. That's what sports are about, excitement and fun!
    Sure, but we have question marks on Friday and Saturday right now. That's not really exciting. Doesn't mean I'm not excited about the fight in the team, but you can't count on the pen pitching 7 innings a game