Thread: I?ll never understand why?

Banned
    vCash

I?ll never understand why?

GoTro gets a pass. Always. Here. Among fans. Among alumni. Everywhere, he gets a free pass and he?s frankly, never done anything for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    GoTro gets a pass. Always. Here. Among fans. Among alumni. Everywhere, he gets a free pass and he?s frankly, never done anything for us.
    agree. But it's on Lemon to make the change. He didnt
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    agree. But it's on Lemon to make the change. He didnt
    Correct. I have thought for two years we would make a change and have yet to do it.

vCash
    Send them all packing except Parker

vCash
    It will take a miracle to not get swept this weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    It will take a miracle to not get swept this weekend.
    Did last night really change people expectations THAT much? Like we have had these problems all year. They did not just magically show up the last two games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Did last night really change people expectations THAT much? Like we have had these problems for 3 years. They did not just magically show up the last two games.
    FIFY

vCash
    I mean, there were several on this board who wanted to fire Lemonis and promote GoTro, so it's not terribly surprising. Plus our former players love the guy, fwiw...tho I think TA is TA more because of TA instead of GoTro, but who knows...

vCash
    Lemo seems to have a solid club if they were in the league with USA or UNO********

vCash
    TA also says this team is more talented than the team that won the CWS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    TA also says this team is more talented than the team that won the CWS.
    Talent and effort are two completely different things unfortunately. Allen also is not an unbiased observer. This team may be more talented than the 21 team, but they give about a quarter of the effort.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Did last night really change people expectations THAT much? Like we have had these problems all year. They did not just magically show up the last two games.
    No. I have been expecting that for quite a while. There's been a lot of sunshine pumping though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I mean, there were several on this board who wanted to fire Lemonis and promote GoTro, so it's not terribly surprising. Plus our former players love the guy, fwiw...tho I think TA is TA more because of TA instead of GoTro, but who knows...
    Yep. Probably the same people who keep pining for Cannizaro - A guy who was recently fired from a HS.

JG has always managed to get the offense as a whole to improve as the season rolls along. He got a pass because we were usually producitve at the end of the season. He's never had to account for why 2nd and 3rd year starters struggle at the start of seasons. Who has he really developed that show up to campus as a good hitter already? The list of "talented" players who aren't learning how to hit at State is growing. So is the list of hitters that are regressing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    Lemo seems to have a solid club if they were in the league with USA or UNO********
    You nailed it! Mega rep! I would like to also state that does anyone think we were ready to win at a high level when the season started. What I?m trying to say that Lemonis did NOT have our team ready. Oh sure coaching staff as always had some things to figure out as do most coaching staffs at other teams. And yes there were a couple of players hurt to begin the season. But the crap play of base running errors, dropping routine fly balls, lack of hitting and pitchers not being completely ready to pitch?pitching has gotten better. But a lot of this stuff should have been figured out way before season started. Is Gottro and Lemonis actually seeing this in practice or are they actually coaching.

Rant over!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogcountry1 View Post
    Yep. Probably the same people who keep pining for Cannizaro - A guy who was recently fired from a HS.

JG has always managed to get the offense as a whole to improve as the season rolls along. He got a pass because we were usually producitve at the end of the season. He's never had to account for why 2nd and 3rd year starters struggle at the start of seasons. Who has he really developed that show up to campus as a good hitter already? The list of "talented" players who aren't learning how to hit at State is growing. So is the list of hitters that are regressing.

This!