Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
Other than a 4 game stretch in 1996 and Stansbury's 6 trips to the tourney in 12 years as our Head Coach, what have State fans had to crow about in Basketball? Beating Auburn and UT at home in the same season State lost to Southern University on the same court? Or maybe let's go back to the Bob Boyd 4 corners offense in the 80's in a period where I believe his team lost a game At Georgia 42-32 or something like that after the halftime score was something like 14-12 maybe? Those were some good times in basketball for sure.

If the talent is so good with 3 All SEC players how in the heck did this team lose 4 straight at the most important time of the season. By the way, I watched them all so I am not anti basketball. I am disgusted by the effort on the court just like I have been disgusted by the effort on the Diamond the past 2 plus years. And was disgusted by the effort last fall! When you are in your 70's and have following and cheering and attending games for your favorite college programs for the past 60 years, you have been through a lot of DISGUST if you are a Bulldog fan!

But Baseball! BASEBALL! I got to witness the one thing many State fans who came before us NEVER got to witness. A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!

Wake me up before the final trumpet sounds when State does that in Basketball or Football!
Y'all are still missing the point. Literally no one is comparing the success of baseball and basketball. Nobody.