Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Roosters game 2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    Inexcusable at 19-8 and 8-6 in conference to lose 4 straight to end the season. At this point I have zero confidence in us beating any team with a pulse in the postseason.

We might sneak in only because we will get the benefit of the doubt because we made it last year with the same team basically.
    I would just prefer to be done and rid ourselves of this team. Bring back Hubbard and maybe Matthews. The rest, they can find the pavement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    The fact jans let Dj bring it up knowing they'd foul makes me think Jans has a 75 IQ
    Two weeks ago you called him a beast. Now he's got a low IQ.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Two weeks ago you called him a beast. Now he's got a low IQ.
    I still like em. I still want him here. I don't think coaches are a scholarly group

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I would just prefer to be done and rid ourselves of this team. Bring back Hubbard and maybe Matthews. The rest, they can find the pavement.
    We will be a better team with the move to Hubbard as the focal point rather than a post player. Jans needs to spend a whole lot of time watching what AK did with Henderson and moody. That's what we need next season

vCash
    We will be a better team with the move to Hubbard as the focal point rather than a post player. Jans needs to spend a whole lot of time watching what AK did with Henderson and moody. That's what we need next season
    I doubt Hubbard will be here. He will be very highly sought after and I would not anchor myself to a coach who refuses to recruit 3 point shooters or recruits crappy ones.

vCash
    I told some of you two weeks ago that we weren't one bit better than last year and I need to apologize.

Not only are we not one bit better, we're actually worse.

Some you were ready to crown Jans the GOAT two weeks ago. Hell, he's under performed with the whole team back and the possible SEC freshman of the year.

Ahh but such is the life of a MSU fan.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    I doubt Hubbard will be here. He will be very highly sought after and I would not anchor myself to a coach who refuses to recruit 3 point shooters or recruits crappy ones.
    He's a Mississippi kid, so I think we keep em. Tolu's money will go to him, and he knows it will be his team. I'll be surprised if we lose Hubbard unless we lose Jans, who probably just blew that for himself

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    I told some of you two weeks ago that we weren't one bit better than last year and I need to apologize.

Not only are we not one bit better, we're actually worse.

Some you were ready to crown Jans the GOAT two weeks ago. Hell, he's under performed with the whole team back and the possible SEC freshman of the year.

Wanna talk about a shitty job.
    You're operating on the premise that the other sec teams are the same, and they aren't. The conference is the best it's been in a long time. We absolutely blew it down the stretch, but we'd beat our team from last year.

vCash
    Hubbard will be back.

vCash
    He's a Mississippi kid, so I think we keep em. Tolu's money will go to him, and he knows it will be his team. I'll be surprised if we lose Hubbard unless we lose Jans, who probably just blew that for himself
    Rumor is Hubbard is shopping his services. And that comes from a former player

vCash
    I would not care if we lost Jans at this point tbh. We are not any different under him than we were Howland. It is the same thing, we cannot win a meaningful game from February on. Same thing the last 3 years of Stans too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    He should, but we will pony up

vCash
    I still like em. I still want him here. I don't think coaches are a scholarly group
    I hope you just didn’t figure this out!

vCash
    He is. His representation is not stupid. They know he needs to get all he can now because he does not have much of an NBA future.

vCash
    I would not care if we lost Jans at this point tbh. We are not any different under him than we were Howland. It is the same thing, we cannot win a meaningful game from February on. Same thing the last 3 years of Stans too.
    Wanna know why? Look in the mirror (as I do too).... we can't come up with the money for 3-4 pieces like the big sec schools. We can get (and keep) maybe 2 really targeted guys, but that's it. We're poor

vCash
    He is. His representation is not stupid. They know he needs to get all he can now because he does not have much of an NBA future.
    And we will use a ton of NiL money to keep him, but bc we do this, we won't be able to become a real contender unless some unheralded freshmen are great

vCash
    And we will use a ton of NiL money to keep him, but bc we do this, we won't be able to become a real contender unless some unheralded freshmen are great
    Correct. Because we have a certain sect of our fanbase that dictates their NIL contributions ONLY go to baseball so they can brag at their grills while our teeth are kicked in by [insert SEC team]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    I hope you just didn’t figure this out!
    Let me rephrase it for the special folks. The Hubbard crew has made it known to the State coaches that certain requirements need to be made in how the team operates going forward to benefit their brand.

So no I just didnt figure it out. NIL was always a known. Causing disruption within the team during the season is the problematic part. They have already been offered a very, very large amount from a blue blood

vCash
    Let me rephrase it for the special folks. The Hubbard crew has made it known to the State coaches that certain requirements need to be made in how the team operates going forward to benefit their brand.

So no I just didnt figure it out. NIL was always a known. Causing disruption within the team during the season is the problematic part. They have already been offered a very, very large amount from a blue blood
    Hey golf, we quoted me. I like to drink too

vCash

Well since without him we would lose every game by 20+ he can cause whatever issues he wants. Maybe it will cause some of our “leaders” to give a flying 17.