Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dohm Injury

vCash
    He's probably fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Hope he's fine, but injuries happen. This isn't football where you pull the starters in a blowout.

We've been lucky so far to not have any pitcher injuries. Eventually the luck will run out, no coach should get the blame for it unless it's a truly ridiculous situation like throwing a reliever the day after they threw 50. 103 pitches on a reasonably warm night after a several starts ain't it
    I wouldn't say we are lucky. Loftin and Ligon definitely aren't right and Simmoms may never pitch again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    THIS

UCL is a fraying of the ligament injury- not a popping at once suddenly.
    At least 2 other people on here get it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Make that three! (Raises hand)

UCL injuries are not like car accidents where you get into one and you break a bunch of bones and have trauma which were obviously caused by a car accident. It's a repetitive motion injury that comes from throwing hard since childhood. God didn't make us to be able to throw a baseball 100 MPH.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I wouldn't say we are lucky. Loftin and Ligon definitely aren't right and Simmoms may never pitch again.
    If he's out we're probably going to have to put Siary in the rotation. But I'd be fine rolling the dice on Nolan Stevens or Luke Dotson. Holcombe struggling is really hurting us right now. I'm guessing we'll see Loftin pitch some in Biloxi but we'll see. Ligon looks better to me than Holcombe did but he has to be able to get more than two batters out to pitch in the rotation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    If he has a bad injury it would have happened tomorrow. He might be done. He might not be. Had the same thing last year. I'll wait and see
    Also happened to Tink Hence for the Cardinals in the minors and Loo a few weeks ago. And all were OK.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    If he's out we're probably going to have to put Siary in the rotation. But I'd be fine rolling the dice on Nolan Stevens or Luke Dotson. Holcombe struggling is really hurting us right now. I'm guessing we'll see Loftin pitch some in Biloxi but we'll see. Ligon looks better to me than Holcombe did but he has to be able to get more than two batters out to pitch in the rotation.
    Siary isn't a rotation guy. He can help us but not as a starter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Siary isn't a rotation guy. He can help us but not as a starter.
    I agree. But what other choice do we have right now? The longest Stevens has gone is what? 2-3 innings? And Dotson has only been throwing 1 maybe 2 innings at a time.

So any way we do it we're essentially looking at an opener situation. Which we could probably pull off with our bullpen.

vCash
    Make that three! (Raises hand)

UCL injuries are not like car accidents where you get into one and you break a bunch of bones and have trauma which were obviously caused by a car accident. It's a repetitive motion injury that comes from throwing hard since childhood. God didn't make us to be able to throw a baseball 100 MPH.
    Right on, Todd! So many people think it just all of a sudden pops but that's not the way it works. It's like stretching a rubber band over and over and over til it finally snaps.

vCash
    Right on, Todd! So many people think it just all of a sudden pops but that's not the way it works. It's like stretching a rubber band over and over and over til it finally snaps.
    Yeah it's because you hear about Kirk Presley throwing 150 pitches in the state championship game in high school or something and then he has a UCL tear and then people point back to that one moment to explain it. Not that I would recommend throwing that many pitches but it's not likely that ONE game that did it.

A rubber band is a good way to put it. Ligaments don't have a ton of elasticity in them. And then in the elbow they're relatively small. But that's where a lot of the stress goes.

vCash
    Yeah it's because you hear about Kirk Presley throwing 150 pitches in the state championship game in high school or something and then he has a UCL tear and then people point back to that one moment to explain it. Not that I would recommend throwing that many pitches but it's not likely that ONE game that did it.

A rubber band is a good way to put it. Ligaments don't have a ton of elasticity in them. And then in the elbow they're relatively small. But that's where a lot of the stress goes.
    What ever happened to Presley? Haven't heard that name in a while.

vCash
    Dohm isn't hurt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I know he was the GM of the Tupelo American Legion team last I heard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    He's still in the Tupelo area. Does a lot of private lessons, etc.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Why is Simmons still on the roster? He is taking up a roster spot of someone that may could have helped.

vCash

Banned
    vCash
    It’s amazing. I didn’t realize that ucl was the only injury the arm can sustain. Thanks for notifying us though. Geez. Show me anywhere where I even said anything about a ucl injury?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    It’s amazing. I didn’t realize that ucl was the only injury the arm can sustain. Thanks for notifying us though. Geez. Show me anywhere where I even said anything about a ucl injury?
    Some just don’t like to be wrong. LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Why is Simmons still on the roster? He is taking up a roster spot of someone that may could have helped.
    He was expected to pitch this season but had a set back.