Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dohm Injury

Banned
    vCash

Dohm Injury

Is is to be blamed on the idiot umpire for missing an OBVIOUS strike 3 call. And on the coaches for having our ace throw 103 pitches up 4 against freaking Evansville. Ridiculous

vCash
    Not mad about 103 pitches. It was his last hitter either way. If he's hurt, just bad luck... pitchers get hurt

vCash
    103 pitches is nothing. Geez. He was saying I'm good as he walked off and gave thumbs up. Besides if it's a ucl that's a cumulative type injury.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    103 pitches is nothing. Geez. He was saying I'm good as he walked off and gave thumbs up. Besides if it's a ucl that's a cumulative type injury.
    103 pitches on a cool night early in season is def something.

vCash
    Its his 4th start. 100 pitches is a requirement now for your Friday guy.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I was for Fall baseball when my boys were playing but I am now against it especially for under 13 pitchers. If you are going to have fall baseball for youth, use a dang pitching machine 7-12 so that the hitters get the extra at bats without taxing the young arms.. it could easily be done. And the coaches can set it to throw nothing but strikes so they gotta get the swings in.

vCash
    I have a younger grandson ( another daughter, I have 3 daughters) who has some elbow issues. Plays 12 months, just turned 15. Doctor shook his head when he told him he plays on two teams. Told him young kids need to take off 3 to 4 months. Too much baseball. Just saying and too each their own.
    Btw, no one wanted to tell me what Doctor said, LOL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Its his 4th start. 100 pitches is a requirement now for your Friday guy.
    Hmm depends, not all pitchers made the same in mechanics, strength and stamina.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Exactly. But that’s too logical for some on this page.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    If you are the #1 guy? Yeah its expected to eat innings and get that 100. The standard used to be 130. Its been lowered. If you cant go 100 pitches- you arent the top guy or even in the wrong role

vCash
    I agree that 100 pitches doesn't seem like too many when you are only pitching once every seven days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    No it's not. It's not the pitch count. Geez come on yall. If it's ucl it's gonna happen sooner or later. It's a cumulative injury not a threw one pitch and it's gone thing. This is something I know quite a bit about. Dr Andrews is a client of mine.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 03-08-2024 at 10:30 PM.

vCash
    Is is to be blamed on the idiot umpire for missing an OBVIOUS strike 3 call. And on the coaches for having our ace throw 103 pitches up 4 against freaking Evansville. Ridiculous
    If he has a bad injury it would have happened tomorrow. He might be done. He might not be. Had the same thing last year. I'll wait and see

vCash
    Whatever

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    No it's not. It's not the pitch count. Geez come on yall. If it's ucl it's gonna happen sooner or later. It's a cumulative injury not a threw one pitch and it's gone thing. This is something I know quite a bit about. Dr Andrews is a client of mine.
    You can say this all you want. And be right. And you are, and somebody is gonna say nah.... smh

vCash
    Exactly. But that’s too logical for some on this page.
    If it's a ucl and we had stopped him at 90. He would have popped it in the pen next week.

vCash
    Lemon really downplaying the dohm injury in press conference. Calling it a zinger. And says if he’s not going to act like it’s a big deal, I’m not either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    If it's a ucl and we had stopped him at 90. He would have popped it in the pen next week.
    100%! And I might add it's not like Lemonis has abused Dohm. He hasn't ridden him like a rented mule. His pitch counts have been managed well. It's called life as a pitcher that throws mid 90s

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    THIS

UCL is a fraying of the ligament injury- not a popping at once suddenly.

vCash
    Hope he's fine, but injuries happen. This isn't football where you pull the starters in a blowout.

We've been lucky so far to not have any pitcher injuries. Eventually the luck will run out, no coach should get the blame for it unless it's a truly ridiculous situation like throwing a reliever the day after they threw 50. 103 pitches on a reasonably warm night after a several starts ain't it