Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bracketology 3/8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Have been to nearly all home games. Tolu has improved on his FT's in the first half, but struggles in the 2nd half as he starts to tire. This has cost us at some critical times late in recent games when we needed the points. I also think our D has suffered lately as the players have tired legs from Jans D first philosophy. We have given up a lot of points in these losses in this streak. We are not going to out score any quality teams playing their game into the 70's or 80's, especially when we are usually playing 3 on 5 with our lack of scorers when on offense.
    two things on TS. 1st the last few games he has been getting mugged and getting out muscled by the other team. The refs are "letting them play" now and he is getting intimidated at the onset of the game. Secondly Jans said he hurt himself in practice but didn't say when during the TAM postgame interview. Maybe let JB start the game so he can outphysical the cocks then have TS come in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    two things on TS. 1st the last few games he has been getting mugged and getting out muscled by the other team. The refs are "letting them play" now and he is getting intimidated at the onset of the game. Secondly Jans said he hurt himself in practice but didn't say when during the TAM postgame interview. Maybe let JB start the game so he can outphysical the cocks then have TS come in.
    Tolu got hurt last Friday before the Auburn game

vCash
    Tolu won?t show up. He rarely does in the games that mean the most

vCash
    Big game on campus and a must win game. Wish all the students were there, maybe some local holdovers will fill up the Hump.

Its senior day and I think we come out ready to go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I would start JB. Jans has done it in the past and got a good game out of him. Also need Shak and KM to show up. They have all but disappeared during this losing streak.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Define most and big. He had 21 against uk had 23 against UT. Sure he's had some off games but it's not like it's always in the "big" ones. Which I think all of them are big.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Define most and big. He had 21 against uk had 23 against UT. Sure he's had some off games but it's not like it's always in the "big" ones. Which I think all of them are big.
    Our fans define big games as the ones we lose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Our fans define big games as the ones we lose.
    I'm not sure how one averages 16.5 pt and 8 rebounds in a conference schedule only and he never shows up in the big games. Just don't get it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Guess I'm letting my pessimism get the best of me but, at this point, I'm expecting the men's team to collapse and keep losing just like the women did. Seems like, since the baseball NC, MSU sports has just been one disappointment after another so its probably best to keep expectations very low and if we get anything better than that, be grateful and happy. I've gotten very cynical with college sports anyway with all the NIL/transfer portal stuff.
    Collapse is now complete. I could feel it in my bones. Getting really difficult to enjoy any MSU sports.

vCash
    I think we're in the same position as last year now - win a game in sect to get a play in game. Maybe we get it, maybe we don't... I'm done caring

vCash
    I think we're in the same position as last year now - win a game in sect to get a play in game. Maybe we get it, maybe we don't... I'm done caring
    Told you, this is the exact same team as last year.

vCash
    Collapse is now complete. I could feel it in my bones. Getting really difficult to enjoy any MSU sports.
    Right there with you

vCash
    Exactly, at the moment we can't beat tournament quality teams so even if we got in we aren't going anywhere.

vCash
    Exactly, at the moment we can't beat tournament quality teams so even if we got in we aren't going anywhere.
    I still want it even if we lose. It makes it easier to recruit for jans

vCash
    Regular season comparisons

2023: 20-11, 49 NET, 4-8 Q1
    2024: 19-11, 39 NET, 3-8 Q1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    Regular season comparisons

2023: 20-11, 49 NET, 4-8 Q1
    2024: 19-11, 39 NET, 3-8 Q1
    Probably fall around 5 spots in net, so little better this season

vCash
    Still pretty disappointed that we basically did not improve with everyone returning plus adding one of the best freshman in the country.

vCash
    Still pretty disappointed that we basically did not improve with everyone returning plus adding one of the best freshman in the country.
    You are all still operating on the premise that everyone else stayed the same. Tennessee is better, Kentucky is better, Auburn is better, OM is better, A&M is better, Florida is better, Bama is better, USCe is better. We are better but everyone else that was better than us last year got better and teams that were at our level or a little worse got better.

vCash
    We just don't make stops in the halfcourt like we did last year. I'm not sure if its just people have figure Jans out or what but if we had Hubbard with last year's defense we would be significantly better. We just didn't make enough stops today.

vCash
    Well we just played the hardest 4 game stretch in the entire NCAA and had 2 close losses with our big man okaying hurt for 3 of the games.