The only silver lining for me is that so far our losses have mostly been without Mershon and Kohler in the lineup. This winning streak coincided with their return. We also are figuring out who can help us in the bullpen and that to me was one of the most encouraging things about the USM game. And we didn't even pitch Schuelke or Gavin Black last night. I still want to see what Logan Forsythe can give us also. Hopefully they throw some this weekend. At any rate we have a closer that has emerged and it's looking like some guys like Tyson Hardin and Tyler Davis may have turned the corner. We're going to need our bullpen to be strong in SEC play because we don't have a Will Bednar type ace on this staff I don't believe.

And really the issue with hitting is more about lack of power than actual hitting. Our batting average as a team is right in the middle of the SEC. But we're dead last in slugging percentage. I'm not sure what to think about that other than I feel like if we keep hitting at a decent rate like we are the odds are the power will come. Against USM we grinded the game out offensively and did some good things situationally which helped us win the game. That's encouraging.

That said, we still really need to sweep Evansville this weekend. Do that and all of a sudden we're sitting at 12-4 going into Biloxi with our longest winning streak in awhile.