Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Because our baseball fans live in a bubble

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Coaches routinely teach tested subjects now. Our basketball coach teaches English...softball coach US History. Rare to have a Biology teacher as a coach but it does happen. It's damn near impossible to get a PE job now
    No, they end up as special ed teachers and never go to class they are assigned and get their wives to do their paperwork while they head to the golf course or field house before lunch.

Hell, coaches at Houston would be mowing the football field and never even go to class they would be assigned as an inclusion teacher. They even have a name for it, "TOPPER TIME". Yes, a designed system by former coaches to steal funds to not teach the weakest kids cause 17 these kids, they messed up. What happened to the former coaches that were his principal? They got promoted instead of prosecuted for their crimes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    I believe you also thought "Big Country" was going to be an effective pitcher this season. He's trash.
    I also remember reading how Big Country was gonna be tremendously improved. We are not very good.

vCash
    alot of schools dont even teach Driver's Ed anymore. Private companies are doing it
    I've heard that some of the smaller schools are teaching Drivers Ed and Sex Ed in the same car.

vCash
    Coaches routinely teach tested subjects now. Our basketball coach teaches English...softball coach US History. Rare to have a Biology teacher as a coach but it does happen. It's damn near impossible to get a PE job now
    here's your biology teacher that coaches...with no planning period.

word of advice to all young teacher/coaches...if you prove your good at something you'll never get out of it. take that as you will.

vCash
    Been teaching/coaching 28 plus years. I teach US History(one for lower level students) which is state tested. Also, coach football and baseball without an off period. I know some coaches like some of y'all speak. They give us all a bad name, and are useless as teats on a boar hog. They aren't smart, barely certified, but because of who their daddy or uncle is get jobs they aren't certified for and suck at it. Off my soapbox now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawg1200 View Post
    Been teaching/coaching 28 plus years. I teach US History(one for lower level students) which is state tested. Also, coach football and baseball without an off period. I know some coaches like some of y'all speak. They give us all a bad name, and are useless as teats on a boar hog. They aren't smart, barely certified, but because of who their daddy or uncle is get jobs they aren't certified for and suck at it. Off my soapbox now.
    Exactly! My oldest son coaches baseball and football and actually teaches spanish at 2 different schools in the district, so i understand completely what you're saying!

vCash
    To get us back on topic, I do not give a rats ass what our non conference SOS, RPI, Net, Nitty Gritty, PWI, SVQ, or whatever the hell metric they decide is important this year. It is very simple, perform in conference play against actual teams and we will make the tournament. Fail to perform and we will have a coaching search in May.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    To get us back on topic, I do not give a rats ass what our non conference SOS, RPI, Net, Nitty Gritty, PWI, SVQ, or whatever the hell metric they decide is important this year. It is very simple, perform in conference play against actual teams and we will make the tournament. Fail to perform and we will have a coaching search in May.
    This is what it all boils down too. I guess that's why i don't have much angst about it. It'll all resolve itself. We either win or we have a new head coach next year. Pretty simple.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Yep. Perfectly stated

vCash
    We are not at the bottom of the conference. We won the CWS 3 years ago
    "Yesterday's Glories Won't Help You Today, You Ought to Retire, Get Out of the Way." Steppenwolf, "Move Over".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    I was following you until you said that last part about you being an Educator. I have only met a couple of coaches in my life that actually had taught a tested subject. Most pride themselves on getting out of a classroom and to the field house asap. Most Coaches teach by saying read this, answer the questions... test on friday.

It is nice to know that you are trying the inform others that baseball games are different, I am with you on that part. Scouting reports alone are trash for these mid-week and early season games. Shit happens
    Just finished my third and last career teaching Middle School Social Studies for 11 years. Shared an adjoining room with the HS WBB coach who teachs 7th grade math (tested area). He just won his 5th Championship with 4 runner ups in 14 years coaching at our school at age 40. Has also won county teacher of the year awards. MS schools do have have some great teachers at many levels in this challenging educational world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    This used to be my favorite Mississippi State message board.

I check it maybe once a day now.

Troll34 is why.
    He keeps things lively during a boring time.... at least give him that which is due ... right or wrong, he stimulates conversation
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.