Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
My daughter is in elementary school still. She understands what a return on investment is and why TIME in the Market is the most important thing, not timing the market. She participates in her 529 plan and likes to see what it does day in and out.

Lauren Black at Phillips Financial is a really good resource for those just starting out. She is in Starkville and really tries to make sure you are set up correctly from day you hire her until you are well on your way. If any of the young people out there think they have a basic understanding, Lauren will give you some new things to think about and get your on course and automate it so you don't have to think about it every pay check.
One example that my daughter had to learn on her own, even though I've been telling her. Sometimes they have to see it. My daughter has a very nice Nissan Altima that I bought used. Her friend got a brand new Mercedes SUV. Obviously anyone would be a little jealous. Recently my daughter found out that the Mercedes was a lease. She also found out that the girl is attending Ole Miss utilizing student loans. So not everything was as it seemed.

A 529 plan was one of the best things I ever did. Now that they are in college, it's been so nice.