Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reed Sheppard

vCash

Reed Sheppard

Let's hope Reed Sheppard heads to the NBA after this season. Many think he will. He will be a problem in this league next year if he is still around.

vCash
    He's border line lottery... he gone

vCash
    Is there any chance he's actually the love child of Dereck Abney?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    Is there any chance he's actually the love child of Dereck Abney?
    I'm thinking he's probably the love child of ex-Kentucky basketball player Jeff Sheppard. I remember in the SEC tourney when Jeff Sheppard elevated for a flying dunk from the side (Jeff could leap out of the gym) and Erick Dampier blocked the dunk. That was such a great moment. Of course we were both on our way to the NCAA Final Four. Kentucky won it all.

vCash
    He is a no doubt lottery pick. Will probably be the second or third college player off the board.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    I'm thinking he's probably the love child of ex-Kentucky basketball player Jeff Sheppard. I remember in the SEC tourney when Jeff Sheppard elevated for a flying dunk from the side (Jeff could leap out of the gym) and Erick Dampier blocked the dunk. That was such a great moment. Of course we were both on our way to the NCAA Final Four. Kentucky won it all.
    Jeff is literally his dad...and mom played bball at KY too

vCash
    Yes, he's Jeff Sheppard's son. I was just joking because the last white guy from Kentucky that we couldn't stop was Dereck Abney.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    Jeff is literally his dad...and mom played bball at KY too
    Yep. I knew that.

vCash
    Let's hope Reed Sheppard heads to the NBA after this season. Many think he will. He will be a problem in this league next year if he is still around.
    Does it matter? They will just reload with another crop of 5 stars and we will continue to lose to them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    Does it matter? They will just reload with another crop of 5 stars and we will continue to lose to them.
    You are the wettest of wet blankets for a while now. If we would have had one more guard who was a good shooter( like we were supposed to have) we could have taken them last night. They just got really hot because they are a pretty dang good team. But we showed we are too

vCash
    He looks and plays just like his dad

vCash
    I honestly wish he'd stay and we get to see Hubbard vs Sheppard a few more times. I think they're cloning Sheppards in Lexington.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    He looks and plays just like his dad
    I really hate we lost but we got treated to a great basketball game last night. Plus 2 outstanding freshmen dealing
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    He is a no doubt lottery pick. Will probably be the second or third college player off the board.
    Could he end up in Memphis? Hope so. We need more deep outside shooting. Not sure what the Grizz's draft position is though.

vCash
    Saw Sheppard play a couple of weeks ago when KY played Gonzaga. Even though KY lost he was by far the best player on the floor and I knew then he would give us fits. Biggest thing last night though was that KY hit 15 straight free throws in the 2nd half. Eight of those were in the last couple of minutes. I love our team and they gave a great effort last night but we couldn't hit 15 straight free throws if we had 100 tries at it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    He's border line lottery... he gone
    Respectively disagree. He is exactly the type of kid that (unfortunately for the SEC) will hang around for four years. Thanks to NIL, he will never hurt for $$$ (nor will his family for that matter of fact). Why would he want to go to the grind of the NBA where he will be used and abused every other night by every thug in the league, which is most of them. He will pursue a meaningful degree at UK, have girls falling all over him, and he knows he will be surrounded by 5-star talent at every position. He's living it up right now and having the time of his life; I think he would be crazy to go to the NBA or any other professional league and I'll bet his mom and dad would tell him the same thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I really hate we lost but we got treated to a great basketball game last night. Plus 2 outstanding freshmen dealing
    That game had the look and feel of an ncaa tournament game! The atmosphere was amazing!

vCash
    Sheppard is one cool and under control basketball player. One of the best-looking freshman guards I've seen play in a vey long time! Talk about confidence!

vCash
    I think he is better than his dad. Jeff was good but this kid is phenomenal. Or at least the other night he was.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by schddog72 View Post
    Respectively disagree. He is exactly the type of kid that (unfortunately for the SEC) will hang around for four years. Thanks to NIL, he will never hurt for $$$ (nor will his family for that matter of fact). Why would he want to go to the grind of the NBA where he will be used and abused every other night by every thug in the league, which is most of them. He will pursue a meaningful degree at UK, have girls falling all over him, and he knows he will be surrounded by 5-star talent at every position. He's living it up right now and having the time of his life; I think he would be crazy to go to the NBA or any other professional league and I'll bet his mom and dad would tell him the same thing.
    Because a mil in NIL is chump change to what he will make in NIL. The league minimum in the NBA is 1.1 million. Being in the lottery he will make roughly 4 to 5 times that PER YEAR. And that is just on court. Add in endorsements and he will be clearing 6-7 mil a year. He would be incredibly stupid to not go to the highest level of basketball in the world.