vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Croach say scouts love him.......
    I didn’t rank him in the top 100- scouts did
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Logan Tanner was the embodiment of that mentality
    You are 100% wrong on that Bucky. That kid played with an ankle the size of a water melon just about his entire last year, because he knew the team was struggling and wanted help. He was hurting and went out there and caught everyday. I wish players in ALL our teams had that mentality. Sorry buddy but you're dead wrong about Logan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I didn?t rank him in the top 100- scouts did
    I wouldn't want those guys scouting for my team. Hell, his ERA is higher than giraffe pu$$y.....
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    You are 100% wrong on that Bucky. That kid played with an ankle the size of a water melon just about his entire last year, because he knew the team was struggling and wanted help. He was hurting and went out there and caught everyday. I wish players in ALL our teams had that mentality. Sorry buddy but you're dead wrong about Logan.
    Our fans bashing a guy that was a first round pick I believe and had some of the biggest home runs in school history and is arguably the best catcher we've ever had is an interesting pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Because for 3 years these players, no matter how they have played, have been told how cool they were and how amazing they were at baseball by a group of weird ass adults that cannot seem to grow up. We have a certain subset of fans in their 50s-60s that hang out with the players and their girlfriends and buy every meal and drink for them multiple times A WEEK. It is weird and it needs to stop. The 2016 group lived and breathed baseball, except for the Freshman class and that is where this sense of entitlement began. The 2021 team was bad about it too but they just had some alphas who would not let the team fail. As much as I hate to say it, when Cohen walked out of the dugout the entitlement really went up among our baseball players.
    That is something odd I have noticed about some of our hardcore MSU fans that live in Starkville. I always thought it was small town stuff. It comes off as very odd. Imagine you are a baseball player and you're at the grocery store or Wal Mart and some random person comes up to you and invites you over to their house for dinner AND THEY'RE SERIOUS. That would seriously creep me out. I mean- an autograph and a picture is already kind of borderline but understandable.

I'm pretty sure that kind of thing doesn't happen in MLB cities.

Pretty sure that has been going on awhile in Starkville but probably got way worse because of the success of the team from 2016-2021. Similar stuff happened with the women's basketball team when they were going to the NC game and beating UConn.

And I've some crazy stories about when Dak was in college. So I'm not sure that this is totally exclusive to baseball.