Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: State opens -2.5...now -4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Really hard to complain about this team and the job Jans is doing.
    Masterful with only having one guard who can shoot it well

vCash
    Our team is really dangerous. Anyone who draws us in the tourney will not be happy. It definitely stinks to not get that W. Goodness, it stings. But? future is bright for this season and beyond.

vCash
    Really hard to complain about this team and the job Jans is doing.
    I just wish we did not have to play Murphy and Matthews so much. You are playing with 4 on offense with one of them and 4 on defense with the other.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Godd*mmit!!! I'm sure the afterlife, whenever/wherever it may be, will be reels and reels of losses like these. Geez...
    God is a loving God. Surely He wouldn’t do they to us State fans. We suffered mightily!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I just wish we did not have to play Murphy and Matthews so much. You are playing with 4 on offense with one of them and 4 on defense with the other.
    Oh I agree with you on that but I believe if Jans sticks around this program will continue to grow and progress. The man can sure coach.

vCash
    I hate Kentucky in basketball as much as I hate bama in football.

vCash
    I ain't into moral victories but we have a damn good basketball team, and this game backs that up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Our team is really dangerous. Anyone who draws us in the tourney will not be happy. It definitely stinks to not get that W. Goodness, it stings. But? future is bright for this season and beyond.
    We lost and should have won but we are a solid, very good tourney team; ain't no doubt about it and I wouldn't want to play us.

UK could make run to finals.

vCash
    My goal for this season is win 1 game in the tourney. I think this is a very realistic goal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    The Ole Miss loss where we got beat by 30 the next game. The Georgia Tech loss where we lost to Southern the next game.

We have a habit of letting gut wrenching losses beat us. Again, if we get the Hubbard that we got Saturday and tonight then I have little doubt we can go into Auburn and win on Saturday. Unfortunately, you cannot expect another 30 piece out of all likelihood
    You gotta throw the Southern game out. It sucked but it was an anomaly. UT, Bama, KY, and Auburn are better than us. They'll all most likely go further in the NCAA Tournament than us. If we lose to Auburn Saturday we will be 2-5 against them this year. I'm not sure if any other SEC teams has played that schedule.

vCash
    More. We've been way closer to beating KY over the years with Cal...we just always seem to piss it away or run into some horrible luck (e.g., '10 reg season and SEC tourney Cousins layup).

I hate John Calipari.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I ain't into moral victories but we have a damn good basketball team, and this game backs that up
    Yes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    You gotta throw the Southern game out. It sucked but it was an anomaly. UT, Bama, KY, and Auburn are better than us. They'll all most likely go further in the NCAA Tournament than us. If we lose to Auburn Saturday we will be 2-5 against them this year. I'm not sure if any other SEC teams has played that schedule.
    Good point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    More. We've been way closer to beating KY over the years with Cal...we just always seem to piss it away or run into some horrible luck (e.g., '10 reg season and SEC tourney Cousins layup).

I hate John Calipari.
    Right there with ya brother! We always seem to have a shot with uk but can't close the deal! Calipari is a whiny little turd!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    100% and the right perspective!

vCash
    Kentucky has the most money on them to win it all right now in Vegas. They play alot of freshmen but they are ridiculously talented. They came to play and played well. We played well.

We can be a Sweet 16 team. Just have to keep grinding
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Proud of the team and where the program is right now. Night and day compared to the past 10+ years.

What an absolute awesome game with two freshmen dueling down the stretch! And Kentucky is healthy and rolling right now. They've got a chance to make a Final Four run imo. They've had one bad loss since getting healthy, but otherwise have been playing lights out. To go toe-to-toe with them means we can beat anyone on any given night... might be a fun tourney!

vCash
    Without a doubt... can't stand either of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Proud of the team and where the program is right now. Night and day compared to the past 10+ years.

What an absolute awesome game with two freshmen dueling down the stretch! And Kentucky is healthy and rolling right now. They've got a chance to make a Final Four run imo. They've had one bad loss since getting healthy, but otherwise have been playing lights out. To go toe-to-toe with them means we can beat anyone on any given night... might be a fun tourney!
    Great post and good to see you post again Hack!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post

Not sure about final four but I agree with the rest. Great game and we're fun to watch. They give it their all. We get away from our bread and butter at times but when we stick to what we're good so, we can beat anyone on the right day