Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GSU Sunday game

vCash

GSU Sunday game

I'm watching, but this is tough. I'm looking for a glimmer of hope to stay positive, but I just don't see it right now

vCash

The Is it over yet threat

1-0 early, them. And pitchers unless the ball is headed towards your face don't try to field a burner.

vCash
    I'm watching too and I agree with your assessment. I still have some hope but it's fading. Our hitters approaches outside of Mershon absolutely suck! Our rh hitters ground out to ss or strike out and our lh hitters ground out to second or strikeout! I've never seen a team so locked into pulling every thing! Hive mentality I guess! This pull everything approach ain't working!

vCash
    Sdammit if we can't get 2 out of this then &*^%&*I(

vCash
    And just like that boom.

vCash
    that was charmin soft at bat, 3 swings at 3 balls in the opposite batters box

vCash
    Chance is about the only hitter we have that responds with runners on base. Dakota and Hines(especially him) ain't getting it done right now.

vCash
    Mershon and Chance playing with some stones! The rest need to catch up!

vCash
    Love the way Mershon plays.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Love the way Mershon plays.
    4 hits today.

vCash
    "Stones" Mershon! Dudes a dirtbag and gritty as heck! Would the rest of the team please follow his example!

vCash
    Hopefully chance's 3-rbi double is the point that state baseball returned

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Hopefully chance's 3-rbi double is the point that state baseball returned
    Yep and Hujsak had some big abs today. One can hope! We gotta ways to go.

vCash
    I'm still not understanding our lineup. Don't think we are maximizing it

I think we should be going:

Mershon
    Chance
    Jordan
    Hines
    Larry
    Kohler

Then whoever else we want. I'm just not understanding this. The two guys we have that hit it best and control the bat the best are Mershon and Chance. Why would we not maximize their ability to impact the game and provide them some protection with Jordan and Hines?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Then whoever else we want. I'm just not understanding this. The two guys we have that hit it best and control the bat the best are Mershon and Chance. Why would we not maximize their ability to impact the game and provide them some protection with Jordan and Hines?
    What? Larry is hitting .382 with 5 XBH's in 8 games. Bryce Trout is hitting .267 with 3 XBH's. I dont get him hitting higher than 7th in the order really. People getting on HugeSak's ass- and it's warranted- is only 17 points lower than Trout with one less XBH

One of our bigger problems is Jordan's 12 K's already. That's terrible. My line-up would be:

Mershon
    Larry (Flip these 2 against LHP's...and yes I know Dirtbag switch hits)
    Skinny Hines
    Jordan
    Kohler
    HugeSak
    Trout
    Long
    Cupp
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I'm still not understanding our lineup. Don't think we are maximizing it

I think we should be going:

Mershon
    Chance
    Jordan
    Hines
    Larry
    Kohler

I like your lineup

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    What? Larry is hitting .382 with 5 XBH's in 8 games. Bryce Trout is hitting .267 with 3 XBH's. I dont get him hitting higher than 7th in the order really. People getting on HugeSak's ass- and it's warranted- is only 17 points lower than Trout with one less XBH

One of our bigger problems is Jordan's 12 K's already. That's terrible. My line-up would be:

Mershon
    Larry (Flip these 2 against LHP's...and yes I know Dirtbag switch hits)
    Skinny Hines
    Jordan
    Kohler
    HugeSak
    Trout
    Long
    Cupp
    Larry hits for more power and I think can hit better without protection. In the 5 hole with Kohler behind him, for now that spot is going to be able to be attacked more. I like Larry's experience in that circumstance better than Chance.

I like balancing our lineup this way because Larry protects Hines and Jordan from a power perspective too. Chance to me is the better all fields bat. He gets some help from Jordan too.

I might would consider moving Cupp to 8th and putting someone else in the 9 hole. Maybe Hujsak. Get him in front of Mershon and give him some better pitches to hit.

vCash
    Lineup order does not really matter. Just need guys to hit.

vCash
    Larry hits for more power and I think can hit better without protection. In the 5 hole with Kohler behind him, for now that spot is going to be able to be attacked more. I like Larry's experience in that circumstance better than Chance.

I like balancing our lineup this way because Larry protects Hines and Jordan from a power perspective too. Chance to me is the better all fields bat. He gets some help from Jordan too.

I might would consider moving Cupp to 8th and putting someone else in the 9 hole. Maybe Hujsak. Get him in front of Mershon and give him some better pitches to hit.
    I like having a guy leading off with a little pop- but obviously the key component is a guy that gets on base. I wouldnt be opposed to sliding Larry back because of his pop- but I just think we need to get some others AB's along with Chance. Get Downs some more AB's and a couple others.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    Mershon
    Chance
    Hines
    DJ
    Koehler
    Larry
    Hushak
    The catcher
    others