Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do you think is the real problem with the baseball team?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    That's a classically long T4S post to just say "our coaching sucks" LOL
    Thanks for the cliff?s note

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    In the past, Rooker, Magnum, Rowdy and Tanner Allen delivered clutch hit after clutch hit... we don't have that player on our team and haven't had them since 2021.
    This bunch we have now should be ashamed to be wearing the same uniform as those guys. It is a travesty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Todd, I agree with your post, HOWEVER the elephant in the room is that YOU, along with C34, were the only proponents of bringing back Lemo in May or June of last year.

All the flaws you mention in your post are the same flaws we saw the last 2 seasons. Why on earth did you think year 6 would be culturally different from years 4 or 5? Seems like insanity to think year 6 of the same coach would fix the lack of leadership or attention to detail.

I know "he recruits good" was your biggest pro Lemo point, but 1) what's that matter if they aren't coached up when they get here, and 2) do we even look that talented?

Do you still think it was the right decision to bring Lemo back this year?
    Yes, I think bringing him back was the right decision and no matter how this season goes it was absolutely the correct thing to do. Recruiting was one point but NOT the biggest reason for it. The biggest reason we brought him back was because of optics in the baseball community. What good does it do to fire Lemonis and then hire the baseball version of Rick Ray after him only to have to fire that guy because no one wanted our job because we fired a coach that won the only NC, had obvious pitching problems and wasn't allowed to fix the problem? It's the difference between a one year rebuild and a three year rebuild potentially. It's something that you will never get and won't get thankfully for all of us because now we don't have to suffer like we did with Arnett. The baseball community is very different than the football community. You have guys like Dan Heefner who are perfectly content being at Dallas Baptist their whole career because of the security and fit for him and his family even though he would be an excellent coach in the SEC. Most of them like stability and a baseball program firing their coach two years after a NC that doesn't involve a scandal isn't what most of them are looking for.

And if you also remember I also said that if he didn't turn it around in year three then he would be fired. As it is, our favorite head coaching candidates are still at the same places they were last year so everything is still on the table for us.

As far as talent goes- I don't know- do you think Dakota Jordan, Hunter Hines, Nate Dohm, Dylan Cupp, and etc. have talent? By not firing him we have now saved two really good classes which is only going to help the next new coach here. So your point about Lemonis not developing them is moot because he won't be here in theory.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Yes, I think bringing him back was the right decision and no matter how this season goes it was absolutely the correct thing to do. Recruiting was one point but NOT the biggest reason for it. The biggest reason we brought him back was because of optics in the baseball community. What good does it do to fire Lemonis and then hire the baseball version of Rick Ray after him only to have to fire that guy because no one wanted our job because we fired a coach that won the only NC, had obvious pitching problems and wasn't allowed to fix the problem? It's the difference between a one year rebuild and a three year rebuild potentially. It's something that you will never get and won't get thankfully for all of us because now we don't have to suffer like we did with Arnett. The baseball community is very different than the football community. You have guys like Dan Heefner who are perfectly content being at Dallas Baptist their whole career because of the security and fit for him and his family even though he would be an excellent coach in the SEC. Most of them like stability and a baseball program firing their coach two years after a NC that doesn't involve a scandal isn't what most of them are looking for.

And if you also remember I also said that if he didn't turn it around in year three then he would be fired. As it is, our favorite head coaching candidates are still at the same places they were last year so everything is still on the table for us.

As far as talent goes- I don't know- do you think Dakota Jordan, Hunter Hines, Nate Dohm, Dylan Cupp, and etc. have talent? By not firing him we have now saved two really good classes which is only going to help the next new coach here. So your point about Lemonis not developing them is moot because he won't be here in theory.
    I know of one ring of honor and another all sec player that told me prior to Fox getting the boot that Lemonis was done after the year - then when it didn?t happen I asked their thoughts- bunch of idiots running the AD

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    Last year has tainted us in that it is making the pitchers groove more balls so getting ripped.

Hitters are pressing as well.

We are working out thoughts from last years failures.

Once we exercise those thoughts we?ll be ok.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    Last year has tainted us in that it is making the pitchers groove more balls so getting ripped.

Hitters are pressing as well.

We are working out thoughts from last years failures.

Once we exercise those thoughts we?ll be ok.
    That?ll happen next year with a new staff

vCash
    new staff, new recruits. change the entire tone of the program and recruit and asses talent on another level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandjunky View Post
    I know of one ring of honor and another all sec player that told me prior to Fox getting the boot that Lemonis was done after the year - then when it didn?t happen I asked their thoughts- bunch of idiots running the AD
    The only time I heard that he might not be back was after the Arkansas series last year. But that faded fairly quickly.

There is smoke that he will get fired during the season now but we'll see.