Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who do you get for interim BB coach?

vCash

Who do you get for interim BB coach?

I don?t want it to be Cheese. He needs to be gone too.

I?d love for Will Clark to come in and regulate but he?d hurt these boys feelings something bad and their way to weak for that.

vCash
    Coach Polk I guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Coach Polk I guess.
    He would be softer than The Lemonader! He is 81 years old.

vCash
    Coach Polk I guess.

vCash
    Who is the biggest baddest meanest guy available. Can The Rock! Coach baseball?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Then apparently instead of running a baseball program he should be running the country.

vCash
    Since everyone except Parker needs to be gone, including the bus driver, you let them finish.

You start working on bringing all the Oregon State baseball organization in July. As soon as the Beavers are done in Omaha they all move to Starkville.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Since everyone except Parker needs to be gone, including the bus driver, you let them finish.

You start working on bringing all the Oregon State baseball organization in July. As soon as the Beavers are done in Omaha they all move to Starkville.
    Solid plan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post

I?d love for Will Clark to come in and regulate but he?d hurt these boys feelings something bad and their way to weak for that.
    Will Clark will not be leaving his cushy job with the Giants to coach us.

Coach Polk I guess.
    Polk III. I would guess that we would go with Gautreau first though.

Would be an easy adjustment for the players.** If it is by slim chance Polk he would be an interim so I don't really care. The biggest fear there is fans wanting him to take the job full time.

vCash
    Who is the biggest baddest meanest guy available. Can The Rock! Coach baseball?
    Homedawg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Will Clark will not be leaving his cushy job with the Giants to coach us.

Polk III. I would guess that we would go with Gautreau first though.

Would be an easy adjustment for the players.** If it is by slim chance Polk he would be an interim so I don't really care. The biggest fear there is fans wanting him to take the job full time.
    Not sure how you use Gotro as an interim since he has been here through this entire collapse and our offense is performing so poorly. Need some different leadership for the rest of the season. Leaves us with Parker or Polk.

vCash
    Bruce Castoria . He posts on another board and pulls no punches.....but I'm sure he's busy with his own career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post

Why don't we just call Nick saban. My gosh people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Homedawg
    Ha. Well played.

vCash
    He is 80. But to your point, he's not a guy to right the ship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    He is 80. But to your point, he's not a guy to right the ship.
    There is nobody available that would 'right the ship' at this point. We are probably best to ride it out with Lemon as painful as it will likely be to do so and then find a new permanent coach after that. I mean there is the very small chance that we turn this season into something decent with Lemon but that appears unlikely.

vCash
    Not sure how you use Gotro as an interim since he has been here through this entire collapse and our offense is performing so poorly. Need some different leadership for the rest of the season. Leaves us with Parker or Polk.
    I mean we don't have any great options. You could say the same about Cheese and Rodehaver. And sure Polk is around but he hasn't coached in over a decade in the SEC. Gautreau is the only coach on staff that has been interviewed for HC jobs.

vCash
    There is nobody available that would 'right the ship' at this point. We are probably best to ride it out with Lemon as painful as it will likely be to do so and then find a new permanent coach after that. I mean there is the very small chance that we turn this season into something decent with Lemon but that appears unlikely.
    Honestly, and this is my opinion, we are struggling bc we are playing tight. Baseball isn't a sport to play tight. And I don't think we are playing tight bc of lemonis. I think we are playing tight bc what we have been through the last two years. And then we lose once when we shouldnt it makes it worse. Then twice etc. this isn't a defense of lem it's just what I see. We needed early success. We didn't get it and now in for a mess....last year we go beat lsu twice why? Bc at that point there was nothing to lose and they just free wheeled it. I'd love to turn this around but don't see it. And an interim aint gonna fix it either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Honestly, and this is my opinion, we are struggling bc we are playing tight. Baseball isn't a sport to play tight. And I don't think we are playing tight bc of lemonis. I think we are playing tight bc what we have been through the last two years. And then we lose once when we shouldnt it makes it worse. Then twice etc. this isn't a defense of lem it's just what I see. We needed early success. We didn't get it and now in for a mess....last year we go beat lsu twice why? Bc at that point there was nothing to lose and they just free wheeled it. I'd love to turn this around but don't see it. And an interim aint gonna fix it either.
    This is the correct answer on all points. Sad times right now .

vCash
    Right now I'd take Cann. At least we know he can get talent.